Chapter 158

Chapter 158

Thomas and his family go home, Thomas pretty much quiet and taken back from this evening's events. The thought of his mother going out like this just tears him apart. She has been through so much and now even this?

Alana sees that Thomas is quiet, she knows this is hurting him, and she doesn't know what to do. She remains quiet, the car ride not wanting to say much in front of Lucia.

Once home, Thomas goes straight to their bedroom, Alana going straight to put Lucia to bed. Thomas walks into their bedroom and just takes a seat on the end of their bed, his legs all of a sudden feel wobbly, his heartbroken. He can barely breathe.

Alana tucks Lucia in bed, saying her goodnights. Then she walks to their room and sees Thomas sitting there sobbing. Sobbing like a little boy. It breaks her heart to see him like this.

She goes up to him and just wraps her arms around him, holding him tight, telling him how sorry she was. Thomas for the first time in all these years just balls his eyes out uncontrollably. Wrapping his arms around his wife, and not letting go.

"Thomas I know this hurts you. I am so sorry. I am here for anything that you need. I promise you this, I will not leave your side." Alana states.

Thomas just holds her tighter, the thoughts of everything whirling in his mind. Finally letting go of everything, his father's shit all these years, his mother's pain, and mostly his own pain, his own fears. The fears that stuck with him all these years even after Alana promised she wouldn't leave him, the fact was he never truly believed it. There was always a part of him, waiting for her to up and leave him, take everything, and leave him all alone.

Hearing Alana say she wouldn't leave his side made him cry harder, finally seeing she really cared. It wasn't all a total lie, total make-believe. She did have feelings for him, did want to comfort him.

"Thomas please calm down and breathe, talk to me. Tell me what is going through your mind?" Alana says.

Thomas just looks up at her, tearing streaming down his face, Alana just stares at him never seeing him like this. The big bad man in control was a little boy in her arms.

"I have many things going through my mind Alana and it's not all about my mother. I love you, I mean I really love you even after all these years. I can't live without you. I love our family, I love our marriage." Thomas reveals

Alana wipes his tears. "I know you do, and you don't have to cry over it. I'm not going anywhere Thomas, our family is safe. I know tonight was alot for you to take in. No one wants to hear their mother say that." Alana comments.

"No, you don't. I know she will go through a lot and it really bothers me. She will need us because he isn't going to do a damn thing. Just like always. I don't want her to be alone." Thomas states.

"She isn't alone she has us and your sister." Alana answers.

"My sister is fed up with all of it. She is doing it because she has to, not because she cares or wants to. She wants to do her own life, not this anymore." Thomas replies.

"It's been many years your sister has taken on your mother. But even though she wants her own life I am sure she wants to be there for the ending of your mothers. She would regret it if she didn't. They have their differences but it's still her mother." Alana responds.

"Yes, True. It means a lot that you are here with me, by my side. I don't know what I would do without you. I don't want a marriage like theirs." Thomas admits.

"We don't have that. I know we have our moments but we do care about one another." Alana says.

"I want you close to me tonight, just lay close and don't go anywhere," Thomas asks.

"That's fine, let's get ready to bed and I will cuddle up to you," Alana responds.

"Thank you." Thomas states.

They both get undressed and ready for bed, Thomas gets in, then Alana does laying her head on his chest and her arm around him. He holds her tight and close not wanting to ever let go. He didn't know what it was but at this moment he felt closer to her than ever.

Alana lays there knowing the never few months were going to change their lives. Thomas was going to need support even more than Loren did. She would be there for him. He was for her at her darkest hour, and she would never forget that. He raised a child that wasn't his, she wasn't sure if he knew that or not, but either way, she felt she owed him. Now was the time to repay it. She cared for him, and didn't like to see him this hurt, she also saw how much he really loved her, and wished she could feel the same way.

He was always there for her,took care of her, yet still the love she had for him, wasn't one you should have for your husband. It made her feel bad, that it was the one thing she could never give him in return, but she would make sure she did everything else to make up for it.