Chapter 157

Chapter 157

For Luke it has been eleven years later as well, his daughter also growing up. He has a very strong bond with her, and they are very close. Whitney went back to mostly being the way she was before, spending a lot of time at work, and Luke taking care of the child. For a man who wasn't sure about having one, he stepped up to the plate and does everything for the little girl. He loves her dearly and is happy with his life for the most part.

He knows how Whitney is and has taken the fantasy of her being the homemaker and mother out of his head. She wants to work and has a lot of goals. She also has no want to leave him, so their marriage stays the same.

Once the child was born and she saw him getting closer and closer to it, she felt she could go back to her normal self and do what she wants. Whitney sees that Luke doesn't even care anymore, he just settled into married life, saying fuck it. He made the child his life.

Luke thinks about Alana every so often, hoping she is ok, that the choice they both made was the right one. He thinks about the child she had, wondering if it was his, just keeping that in the back of his mind. After having his own, to watch grow up, to know or think there may be another that is his, hurts him deeply. He just knows there isn't anything he can do. It's been so long, the child would know Thomas as his father, Luke was nothing to it, there wasn't any turning back now.

He thinks if their marriage made it? Was it all she wanted it to be? He thinks about a lot of things, it just was how he was. Just now coming to terms with his own feelings. He regrets a lot of what he has done, but then looks at his daughter, being able to be there every day for her, and watch every step of the way and it was worth it. He also thinks, if Alana's child was his, to watch one grow, he missed out on the other. It makes him have turmoil in his heart every day.

Luke still works at the same place and does everything the same. It's what Luke did. He didn't like change, he liked to keep things safe. He did his whole life and it never changed. Brad was still his best friend and watched how the years went by, and how some pieces of Luke were never really the same after Alana.

He saw the Luke didn't play online anymore after Alana. He was still his horny self just watched porn and took care of himself when Whitney wasn't interested. He never got involved with another woman. He couldn't, his heart wasn't into it.

He knew he never could feel that way again, and after everything that happened, he didn't want to do that again. That was enough drama in his life to last him two lifetimes.

He still loved Whitney just in his own way, they went through all the stages as if nothing ever happened. Their life was a boring one, going to work, taking care of the kid, and going to bed. But Luke was ok with that. He enjoyed doing things with his daughter, going to her school functions, and doing everything he can for her.

She was daddy's little girl. The little girl was happy with her life not knowing anything that took place around her conception. Everything always being normal, and happy for the little girl. Luke made sure of it, not wanting the child to have the childhood he did, watching his father cheat on his mother. That wasn't something Luke enjoyed watching. It was another reason, he didn't want to start it, and what held him back so much. He had his own demons.

Brad understood this, he knew what held Luke back so much. Luke's past made him what he was, and even held him back from taking the chance with Alana. Luke knew it also, and it made him hate his father, because of all he witnessed he lost the one thing he loved more than anything in his life. Then as he kept thinking over the years, he knew it was his own doing. He shouldn't of let anything get in his way. It was just too late and time doesn't mend all, just lets you see the regrets and what you should have done.