Chapter 164

Chapter 164

That night Alana texts Thomas but gets no reply, she just figures that he went to bed early. Never knowing the truth. The next morning comes and Alana texts again, and same no answer. She just dismisses it thinking Thomas is with his mother.

She goes to work, going through her normal day, taking care of patients, going to lunch, and being her.

Thomas is still at the hotel room, knocked out on the bed. He drank so much he knocked himself out for hours, trying to forget his life.

Sr. goes home in the morning making himself breakfast and cleaning around the house. He knows people will be over and he wants it presentable. He also goes upstairs and packs a small bag to take to Nancy's house later on.

Sr. Tries not to let the dread fill him or the sadness. He knows this is a new start for himself and he is going to take it. He can't fix the past, but he can make his future what he wanted it to be. A new start.

Nicole comes over just looking at her father cheerfully cleaning around the house like nothing ever happened yesterday.

"Damn that was fast, do you even have a heart?" Nicole asks.

"Of course I do, I am just going to try to make my life better than what it was. Your mother would want that for all of it. Not for us to sit here and cry. It's not going to change or fix anything. We just need to do better from now on." Sr. answers.

"That makes sense, So now what?" Nicole asks.

"Nothing we all get on with our lives. Do you still want Sunday dinners?" Sr. says.

"I guess, we can start those may be at my house instead of here, and it would be nice if you wouldn't take your girlfriend at least for a while." Nicole snaps.

"That's fine, I think your house is best too. Maybe every other Sunday as well or once a month. We still get together for family but still are able to do our own thing. I know you have your own family and so does Thomas." Sr. states.

"You seem different.......Happier......" Nicole replies.

"I made peace with things last night when i was here alone. I need to do me, be me. No more what others think. I did that for far to long and stayed miserable, and made the people around me that way." Sr. responds.

"Does she make you happy?" Nicole asks.

"Yes, very. We have a very different relationship. She excepts me the way I am. I can be myself and she has no problem with it." Sr. answers.

"For some reason, I can't be mad at that. Btw where is Thomas?" Nicole asks.

"I guess home. He will be here later. Give him some rest. There really isn't anything he can do here anyway. It's all over." Sr. comments.

"True." Nicole answers.

The day goes on for all of them. Alana gets off of work and goes straight to Sr.'s house, not having any clue that Thomas isn't there or even that Loren has passed away.

She walks into the house, seeing Sr. in the kitchen making supper.

"Hey, it smells good in here," Alana says.

"Thank you, You want to stay for dinner?" Sr. replies.

"Sure, where is Thomas?" Alana asks.

"I thought he was with you? Did he go to work today?" Sr. asks.

"Not that I know of. I haven't heard from him all day. I texted him last night he was quiet then too. How is Loren?" Alana asks.

"Wait, what? He never went home last night?" Sr. replies.

"No, he was here with you and his mother?" Alana asks.

"No, he went home soon after his mother passed. Didn't he tell you? He told me he was going home??? I thought he was with you!" Sr. comments.

"No, Loren passed? I had no clue of that either. Or where he is. I will text him again." Alana says.

5:05 PM. Alana: Thomas where are you? Are you ok? I am so sorry about your mom. Please answer me. I am very worried.

5:12 PM Thomas: I will be home for the funeral.

5:13 PM Alana: Thomas where are you?????

Thomas never answers the last text.

"He won't answer me just said he would be home for the funeral," Alana responds.

"He is upset, give him some space, and time. It was a lot for him. He will be ok." Sr. replies. "Come sit down and eat." Sr. adds.

"I know this was a lot on him. I feel terrible and want to help and he isn't letting me." Alana states.

"He is going through a lot of emotions. I think it's best for you to leave it alone. I am sure neither of us he is very happy with at the moment." Sr. admits.

"We didn't do anything to him at the moment. Things were fine." Alana says.

"AT the moment we didn't but when things like this happen the past seems to resurface. Thomas held his emotions in for many years, there is a point he will blow. Be ready for it, I know I am." Sr. admits.

"You seem so different. SO light, so carefree." Alana says.

"Yes, when you are not trapped anymore, there is a freedom, it's wonderful even though it had to be this way. One day I hope you feel this and so does my son." Sr. confesses.

"You really didn't want to be married did you?" Alana asks.

"No, it's not for me. I don't mind the relationship or even the commitment to the right person. I just wasn't happy with her and she wasn't with me. We wasted a lot of years. It's sad really." Sr. states.

"What if the person you think is the right person, isn't? If it's just a fantasy you built up in your head? A wish in your heart?" Alana asks.

"You will never know unless you try. And remember my dear, you always regret the things you don't do, more than the ones you have!" Sr. comments.