Chapter 82

Chapter 82

Thomas thinks about everything his father told him, he knows he needs to know the truth and what is really going on? Is Alana cheating? Is that why she is pushing him away, and not wanting to try anymore? Or was it she just gave up on him?

Thomas's mind drives him crazy with every thought you can imagine. At times it's so bad it just drives him crazy. He knows at least this way he would know the truth, and take it from there. Would he leave her over it? The more he thinks about it, the more he knows he can't, even though just the thought of anyone else touching his sweet, innocent Alana drives him insane. Would she really do this to him? Has he pushed her this far?

Thomas goes to work, sitting at his desk, he looks over the internet looking for a good private I. Knowing he wants the best for this, one that will get all the information he needs and more.

He gets the number to Mr. Micheal Duggan. He makes an appointment with him that afternoon, so he can get this show on the road. Thomas doesn't want to wait any longer, he just needs to know.

He leaves work early going to Mr. Duggan's office, while sitting in the reception area he feels like his heart is beating out of his chest. His nerves take over, and he wishes he didn't have to do this.

Mr. Duggan comes out of his office, a tall blonde haired man with blue eyes. "Mr. Harris Come into my office," he says.

"How can I help you? Have a seat." He adds.

Thomas takes a seat in the large dark office. "I need your assistance in a matter," Thomas replies.

OK, What type of matter?" Mr. Duggan answers.

"I think my wife may be having an affair and I need you to look into it for me. I want to know, who it is, how long it has been going on if he is married and how serious it may be." Thomas responds.

"OK, I can do that without a problem. May I ask what makes you think she is having an affair at all?" Mr. Duggan asks.

"She has been different in the last year of our marriage. I have a gut feeling there is someone else causing it, I am just not positive." Thomas replies.

"Well, normally if you have a gut feeling, it's the right one. If you have to ask yourself if there is someone else, there normally is. I can make sure for you, I will give you photos and all info on the person she is with. I will need you to give me a photo, her name, where she works, and I will take it from there." Mr. Duggan states.

"How long will this take you?" Thomas asks.

"It depends on how often they see each other. I will stay on here every day, to see what is going on. As soon as I have anything I will give you a call. Are you looking to divorce her?" Mr. Duggan asks.

"No, I just want to know the truth, I want to know what I am up against. "Thomas answers.

"Are you sure you want to know then? I mean if you have no intention of leaving it may be better you don't know. This may only hurt you, and cause more problems in the marriage. Especially if she doesn't have any intention of leaving you. A lot of marriages go through this, some get over it, some don't." Mr. Duggan states.

"I already thought about all of this, I need to know. In case she does want to leave, I will be prepared." Thomas comments.

"Ok, I can see what you mean, just even though you suspect no one is really ever prepared when its happening. I see a lot of men crumble after getting the news. So I just want to warn you." Mr. Duggan states.

"I understand. I am already crumbling, bit by bit by everything that has been happening lately. I don't want to lose my marriage."Thomas admits.

"Then I hope for your sake, nothing is happening. " Mr. Duggan comments.

Thomas just nods not knowing what else to say. He knew this would be hard, that the answer he gets maybe the hardest one he has ever heard, he just needs to know the truth.

Thomas leaves all the information with Mr. Duggan, knowing there was no going back from this. He also has to go home and act as if nothing was happening. That seemed to be the hardest part of today.

He pulls up to his house, going in seeing Alana cooking dinner, Tommy playing his PlayStation. This is what he wants, what he had all these years and always took for granted. Now that he wanted it, he just hopes it doesn't slip away.

He sees Alana in the kitchen setting the table, could this woman be with someone else? Could she be planning on leaving him? His heart just sinks but he sits at the dinner table acting as if nothing is happening. Just as she sits there and acts as if she is happy. The whole thing is just a fraud and has been for a very long time.