Chapter 95

Chapter 95

The next morning comes, Thomas is up bright and early seeing his son off to school but no sign of Alana. He sees she isn't getting ready for work or even leaving her room.

Thomas goes up to her room and bangs on her door. "Alana are you ok?" Thomas asks.

Alana just lays there feeling defeated still not wanting to talk to him or anyone, just knowing if she doesn't answer he will make a scene.

The door is open and Thomas walks in. "Alana?" Thomas says.

"I still do no feel very well I am going to take a few days off from work. I need some rest. Please figure out dinner for you and Tommy." Alana answers.

Thomas just looks over to her in bed curled into a ball, this wasn't the Alana he knew at all. Luke turned her into this. A weak, sad, hurt, woman.

"Is there anything I can do or get you?" Thomas asks. Not really sure how to deal with this. In one way he is happy to see her so hurt and in another, it bothers him to the core.

"No, just go on with your day. I will be fine." Alana says.

Thomas walks out of the door, seeing this is going to last a bit. He got rid of Luke, but at what cost? Would she ever be the same? At the moment, Thomas didn't think so. It wasn't only him she was avoiding, she wasn't giving any attention to their son either. She was couped up in her bedroom like a teenaged girl curled into a ball of self-pity. This killed him inside, but to keep peace and for the hope of things returning to what they were, Thomas kept quiet. If he could deal with the affair, this should be a piece of cake.

The same day Luke is at work, sitting at his desk with his mind in every direction it could go. Nothing seemed to make him happy. When Brad would come talk he would snap at him when Whitney would talk to him, he would snap at her. He was lost and confused, at the same time knowing he had to make this work, and put his feelings behind him. They would fade he would tell himself. It's just new and would hurt for now, but it would be ok.

He sits at his desk and wonders how Alana is feeling? If she is ok? How badly he hurt her, and everything she told him two days ago. Then he would think of her son and feel this was for the best. He couldn't break up her family, take a child away from his father. He didn't even think he could be a father. It was all for the best and like he told Alana in the future she would look back and be glad about it, he would too.

Alana lays in bed, and no matter how she tries to get her mind off of Luke she can't seem to. Everything they have done together floods her mind, everything they talked about. The memories that were once happy, and made her alive, now haunt her and hurt her deeply.

She sits there and looks at her phone going over the texts, not sure how she is going to get over this, or even what she wants to do. She has no love for Thomas, and right now wished she was free and away from him.

The more she looks at the texts she can't help herself she sends Luke one.

"I miss you," Alana says, tears filling her eyes.

Luke looks at his phone seeing her text and a deep sadness fills his heart. He feels the same way. He just puts the phone down and tries to ignore her text.

This just makes Alana feels worse, how could he not answer her? What he over her already? Didn't she mean anything to him? So many things go through her mind, and it all hurts her through and through.

At night, Thomas comes home, seeing that Alana is nowhere to be found yet again.

"Tommy, did your mother come downstairs at all?" Thomas asks.

"No, dad. It's like she isn't even here. Is she ok?" Tommy says.

"Yea, she just isn't feeling very well. She should be fine in a few days. I will order us something to eat." Thomas says.

He then goes upstairs to see if she is even still there, right now he isn't sure what she may or may not do. He goes to her bedroom door and sees its open and he walks in seeing her sleeping in bed still.

"Alana, I don't mean to bother you, I was just wondering if you would like something to eat or drink?"Thomas asks.

"No thank you. I am not hungry."Alana answers.

"You need to eat to keep your strength up," Thomas replies.

"I know, I just can't keep anything down," Alana says.

I will bring you some tea, it will be better than nothing." Thomas responds.

He walks out, getting her some tea and bringing it to her.

"Here ya go," Thomas says.

"Thank you, Thomas. You really don't have to do this." Alana replies.

"I know I don't. I want to. Whatever is bothering you, will pass. I know it's hard right now, but it won't always be. I just wish you would let me in."Thomas comments.

"I am not sure what I want Thomas. This isn't how I saw my life being. I am very unhappy with everything." Alana admits.

"I see this. We can work on things, make them what you want. You just have to be open to me. I know you wanted to be in the past and I didn't accept that very well, but I am different now. I see if I don't it will be the end of our marriage." Thomas answers.

"How about if it already is the end? How about if I just want to be free?" Alana blurts out with tears.

"I know right now you're upset, but I want you to think, the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Give us a real chance before you end it." Thomas suggests.

Alana sees that Thomas isn't going to go down without a fight. She always knew he wouldn't. For some reason, he just wouldn't let go of this. And right now, she didn't have the strength to fight with him. She just nods instead and puts her head back on the pillow.

"Don't cry, please. Things will work out you just have to be open to it." Thomas replies getting up and walking out of the room.