Chapter 108

Chapter 108

Alana does her best to try to fall asleep, needing the rest and at least now some stress was relieved. She did sleep with him and could say she got pregnant as they used nothing and Thomas didn't even think about it. He was too into trying to get her in his bed again.

She laid there for a bit, still wondering what got over Thomas, he was different, way different. He was a lot more open and the sex didn't suck as it did in the past. It wasn't anything like being with Luke, but it was good. Then she just thought for most of it, all she thought about was Luke. How he would kiss her, touch her, make her feel. She just couldn't get him out of her mind, if she was honest it was driving her crazy.

She had to let go of this absurd fantasy she had in her mind, Thomas was her husband, she had a family, a home. She needed to make this work and stop with all the craziness. Thomas wasn't everything she wanted, but he gave her a nice home, stability, and most of all, he wanted her. He didn't just leave her without thinking how it would make her feel, or what she wanted. He was here trying his best to make this work. She had to do the same, she had to put all the rest behind her, and work with what she already had.

Thomas moves closer to her, and puts his arms around her, so happy she was in his bed again and trying. He still hurt and did his best not to think about everything she did with Luke. He knew if it blew this opportunity he wouldn't get a third chance. She was here, lying next to him, they had a very nice night. No fighting and both of them trying. He was happy with it, he just hopes that it lasts and she doesn't run back to Luke.

He had a bit of hope it wouldn't happen since Luke was staying away, but it always was in the back of his mind, he could return. If Luke felt the way she did, what was really keeping him away? His Wife? Was he scared? Thomas didn't know, and he didn't want to find out, he just wanted him to stay away. Far away.

Thomas holds her close till morning, trying to be the romantic guy. She doesn't pull away, which makes him feel good. The night went tons better than a year ago. He made up for that night and wanted to keep it that way.

"Good morning hun," Thomas says.

"Morning." Alana answers.

"It's so nice waking up to you again. I really did miss you not being next to me." Thomas says.

"I didn't think you cared that much." Alana admits.

"I do, more than you know. I took a lot for granted. I won't be doing that again." Thomas answers.

"You really do want this don't you?" She asks.

"Yes, and I will prove it to you. How about lunch today?" Thomas says.

"Don't you have to work?" Alana asks.

"Yes, but I can come down for lunch. We can go somewhere, then I take you back to work, and I go back to the office." Thomas comments.

"Well, that sure is new," Alana replies.

"I want all of this to be new and better than before," Thomas responds.

"It sounds good, I guess I will see you at lunchtime." Alana answers.

"I will be there."He replies giving her a kiss.

Alana just lays there in bed, still in shock from his actions. He actually made her smile. She wondered how long this would last? Would it last? Just for now, she was going to go along with it and honestly try also.

It was good for the children and also for her to get her mind off of things. She still felt very guilty about what she was doing, but now if she told the truth it would ruin everything. He would hate her, and all this trying would stop. Making a big mess out of everything even more. This way things could have a prayer. Maybe they could be happy together and raise their family. It might be Luke's baby in blood but it would be Thomas's child by name.

Alana gets up and goes to work, actually feeling better and looking forward to lunchtime.

"You seem in better spirits today, everything go well last night?" Judy asks.

"Yes, better than I thought it would. I had my ups and downs but I see Thomas is really trying. He is different in a lot of ways. I can see he really does want this to work, So I am going to give it a chance. Maybe it was all me, I wanted too much when I had what I needed all the while." Alana answers.

"Wow, are you ok? Don't let Thomas's niceness go to your head. Thomas played a big part in all this. He isn't want you wanted or needed. He was never there. Maybe now he can change but he was an ass in the past, and you were looking for more. It just happened that Luke turned out to be a bigger ass." Judy replies.

"I know, but what I did was no better. I don't know, I guess we will just see." Alana says.

"So you are really going to try?" Judy asks.

"Yes, he is picking me up for lunch. He wants to spend time together. I am going to give it a try, see what he does. Maybe there is a chance for us to be happy?" Alana comments.

"I hope for your sake, but just remember Thomas is Thomas. And there is a big secret you will be carrying for the rest of your life." Judy replies.

"I know, I feel terrible about it, but if I tell him, any chance of this going well is gone. And for some reason, I don't want that." Alana admits.

"What the hell did he do to you last night? Put something in your drink?" Judy states.

"No, I just want what is best for my family. I think its worth a shot." Alana responds.

"Ok, how was the sex?" Judy inquires.

"It was different, he was more open, more into it. He surprised me on a lot of levels." Alana admits.

"That is actually a good thing. Maybe he can improve. I guess we will wait and see. I know the pick you up for lunch is new."Judy says.

"It sure is." Alana answers.