Not Better

Aurora's POV

" Walk straight." Kate said to me.

" I am blindfolded if you have forgotten that." I said. Yeah, Kate removed the tape from my mouth cause it was suffocating me. She will put it once we will be close to that place.

" Oh, yeah." She said and hold my arm. She lead me pointing the gun on my head.

" Can you keep the gun away?" I asked her.

" No, it's necessary. It must look like a kidnapping." She said to me.

" Yeah right." I said and rolled my eyes though I was blindfolded. " I forgot to ask you a question." I said to Kate.

" It's not a right time to ask." She said.

" Just a little thing is eating my brain." I said more like whined.

" Ok, you can ask." She said and sighed.

" You said you went to see your grandma when you came back from USA. She is sick. What's with her? Or you just lied?" I asked her.

" No, she was really sick." Kate said.

" Oh. What about your maternal grandparents?" I asked her.

" They are also true. I use to stay with them whenever I come here. I will take you to meet them once these all finishes." She said. I nodded. I had one more question for her.

" Last question when I called you that day on Luke's birthday what actually was happening there?" I asked her.

" We were interrogating some local criminals to reach the real Andrea who is behind all this mafia activities. Interrogating things you know? Have to use some medicine to make them spill everything." This time Josephine answered instead of Kate.

" In this case we are no better than Linda. But we don't start to torture anyone before knowing if he or she is the suspect for the real reason." Kate said.

" To hell with that woman. Bloody hell." I heard Mackenzie's angry voice. I chuckled. I bet she would have sliced Linda's throat if she would be here right now.

" Alright. Times up." Kate said.

" For what?" I asked.

" For this." Kate said and I felt she put that tape on my mouth.

Urrrghh!!! I will see you later, Kate.

" When we reach there you both keep struggling to get freed. Try to act natural so that it look like a real kidnapping." Kate said. I nodded.

" Dov'è la signora Stratton?" (Where is Mrs. Stratton?) Josephine asked someone as soon as we stopped.

" Lei è dentro ad aspettarti." (She is inside waiting for you.) I heard someone saying. " Sono quelle due ragazze?" (Are they those two girls?) He asked again.

" Sì, dille che li abbiamo portati." (Yes, tell her that we have brought them.) Kate said. Of course, she knew Italian. She liked to me. She has got several punches from me.

" Attendere qui. Sto arrivando." (Wait here I am coming) he said and I heard some rustling.

" Sì, siamo qui." (Yes. We are here.) Kate said to him. Awhile later I heard that guy again talking to Kate.

" Voi ragazzi potete andare dentro." (You guys can go inside.) That guy said.

" Come on. Move!!" Kate said and pushed me a little I almost fall down but she hold me quickly. "You ok?" She mumbled and I just nodded. We walked inside more like Kate dragged me inside. Then suddenly we stopped.

" Struggle." Kate whispered. I started to struggle to open my hands and few times shook my head trying to scream.

" Buongiorno, signora Stratton." (Good morning, Mrs. Stratton.) Kate said and I stopped vat once. Is it Mom?!! Is this her?! Is this my mom or not?

" Good morning." I heard that familiar voice and my heart stopped. It's her. It's her. " Good job." She said I can hear her chuckling.

" Thank you. Money can do anything. I hope you remember the amount." Kate said.

" Yeah. I do." Mom said.

" Then we won't be having any problem." Kate said.

" Yes. We won't be having any problem awhile later." Mom said. Why do I feel she said it with a double meaning!!!  " Anyways, open their eyes and let them see where they are." She said to Kate and Josie. They opened my blindfold and then tape from my mouth. I blinked several times to adjust my eyes with the light. Once I got back my normal view I looked straight forward and found my mom smirking at me. I gulped. Her smirk wasn't giving me a good vibe.

" Hello, Aurora." She said and looked directly into my eyes.

Don't get scared of her. If you get scared today you will never ever be able to stand up for yourself. You won't be able to raise your voice for others.

" Hello, Mrs. Stratton." I said. " I knew this low act must be yours. No one will think like that." I said to her.

" Hmm. You started to talk!!! Not bad." She mocked me.

" Yeah, at least now I did. It's the best time though. Raising my voice for myself. Raising voice against your cruelty you showed me as a mother." I said and she chuckled.

" The last time I think. May be you won't be able to talk anymore after that." She said.

" May be may be not. May be you get destroyed as well. You can't predict the future. No one can actually. Not you not me not anyone else." I said.

" Look at your position at first then speak up. Don't talk like that. You are tied I have a gun in my hand. I can shoot you any time." She said.

" I can clearly say that you are not my mom. You just a crazy look alike of her and listen to this very well I am not afraid to die. You can shoot me. I do a little care about it." I said to her. I heard Kate clearing her throat to get my attention. But I kept looking at the lady sitting in front of me.

" You are right. I am not your mom. I don't even want to be. I am not at all your mom. Your mom has gone long back. Yes. Me it was me who finished her. Look at my face very well. Yes. It was me. I killed her. What will you do now?" She asked me and my blood frozen into my vein. Was Sebastian right about that when he said my mom was killed by her sister!!!

No. No. It can't be truth. If it's truth then it wasn't going to make me feel better. It was not.