Get Hold On It

Aurora's POV

" Hi, can I sit here?" I saw a girl with brunette hair.

" Sure." I said giving her a space to sit beside me.

Actually my class was done and I was waiting for Luke to pick me up. He said he will be here by 30. So, I was sitting in the cafeteria. It was quite nice place. My day was super eventful. I was starving but decided to have lunch after reaching home. I ordered a coffee. I have a weird obsession on coffee. I take it any time I want to. No particular time.

" Catherine Beverly." She said extending her hand towards me.

" Aurora Stratton." I said shaking her hand smilingly.

" Yeah, I know that." She said.

" You know?" I asked her.

" Yeah, I know you." She said.

" Really?" I asked her and she nodded.

" Yeah. You are in talk in Italy these days." She said.

" Me?! Why?" I asked her.

" Of course you will be in talk cause. After all you are Luke Edwards girlfriend. You deserve to be in talk. And you are more beautiful in real than in photographs." She said and my eyes widened.

" What?! No. You are getting it wrong. He is not my boyfriend. We don't share any relationship like that. We are just friends." I said not knowing what to answer her. I was totally confused. How can people talk like this!!!

" You are not his girlfriend?" She asked me doubting at my answer.

" Yes, she is." I heard Luke from back. I turned back immediately. Catherine kept looking at us weirdly.

" Come on. Let's go home." Luke hold my hand and paid for the coffee. " Say bye to your friend." He said to me and I looked at him confusedly. He just nodded. I smiled.

" Bye, Catherine." I said.

" Bye, Aurora." She said and we came out of the University.

I saw the same car waiting for us. Luke opened the door for me and closed the door. He waited for a second looking around. His eyes were hidden behind the shades glasses. I couldn't figure it out where he was looking at. He came from the other side and sat beside me.

" Edwards House." He said to the driver and he started to drive.

" Why did we like to them, Luke?" I asked him out of curiosity.

" There's reason behind it. A valid reason." He said to me removing the glasses.

" Can I know the reason?" I asked him.

" I thought you trust me." He said looking at me giving me the chance of looking at his eyes.

" I do trust you. I just asked it out of curiosity." I said.

" Cause they will start to call you names if you say 'we are just friends' in response. They will say we are friends with benefits." He said.

" But why?" I asked him.

" Cause you don't have any idea how people loves to create rumour. They will not think for once to spread a rumour which will spoil your reputation totally but which is definitely wrong. You might not even be related with that. We have a worst experience with it. That happenen with Nemo. I don't want the same thing happen with you." He said to me.

" What happened with her?" I asked him.

" Ex-boyfriend topic. He tried to defame her but she kicked him out of her life. Long story for  some other time." He said and I nodded.

" But how do they assumed that we are in a relationship. We didn't show up anywhere." I said got confused.

" That day we went to the park. Someone clicked it and it got viral." He said.

" Why are people always following other people!!! It's their private life. They don't have any right to interfere in others personal matters. It's wrong. We can sue them." I said angrily. He turned to me and smiled.

" You don't look scary. You look cute even when you are angry. People will not get scared they will mesmerized by you." He said smilingly. I blinked to believe that he was Luke and he admired me.

" Did you just admire me?" I asked him. He chuckled.

" I stated the fact." He said. " You always look cute. No matter what, you always manage to look cute." He said seriously.

" Well, thank you. I think." I said and looked away to hide my blushing face. I knew they were red like tomato.

" You no need to thank me for stating the truth." He said. I turned to him to see if he was kidding as I looked at his eyes I found nothing but sincerity.

" I look like my mom and this why I hate my face. It reminds me of my mom and her doings. I knew she wasn't that good, she had bad influences, she had all those bad habits but I never ever in my worst nightmares had a thought that she will do something like this to me. She might be the worst Mom in the world but I still loved her a lot. Cause, I just can't hate my mom. I never ever did. I was shocked when I heard what she did. When I asked her why she did so she answered me it was best for herself this why she did it. She didn't think about me. She thought about herself, her own." I said looking outside trying to control my tears from falling down. Luke didn't say anything. He waited for me to continue. " It took the whole night for me to understand just what happened. I just kept crying all the night. I wanted to make her realize that it was wrong but it was too late. So, I decided to run away. You don't have any idea how I reached here. I was hiding myself in a disguise. I was having a knife to stab myself to the death if I was caught. I accepted that I will die sooner or later. It's better to die with dignity than become a worthless object. I will happily embrace death than lose my dignity. Cause, living as a corpse is not there in my dictionary. I choose the word 'death' over it and die for real. Cause, death is better th-" I was saying but he cut me.

" Enough. I got it. Don't repeat that word again and again. You are safe here. No one is going to harm you, ok? Don't think about past, live the present and think about your future. Everything will be alright." Luke said and I chuckled.

" Yeah, hoping for that." I said.

" Don't think like that ever. Get a hold on it and kick those out of your life. Don't let them overpower you." He said and I  nodded.