Truth

Luke's POV

I woke up as the boring alarm wasn't stopping. I opened my eyes and made it stop. I saw it was 6 in the morning. I slept for 5 more minutes then I woke up. I was feeling tired of late night travel but couldn't but help it. I needed to come Rome suddenly cause there something went wrong in our office here. Uncle and Dad were busy there in Milan and Liam is just off of the last project. So, I decided to let him rest for a while and handle it by myself. So, here I am.

I went to washroom. Took a long soothing shower. Then came out making me a coffee I turned on the TV and started to get ready. I need to attend 3 meetings today. I will be back in the night. Aither hectic day. I took my phone to call my mom. As soon as my eyes landed on the screen it made me smile automatically. It was my girl smiling at me innocently. She told Liam to take that picture of her on the first day she was going to University to keep it as a memory. I will say Liam is not that stupid as he decided to take the picture with my phone not his. I owe him for this. I touched the tip of her nose on the photograph.

" Miss you." I said. I was really missing her badly, though it was only a few hours when I have seen her last. It was crazy. I know but couldn't but help missing her. I sighed.

" What are you doing to me, girl? Just what?" I asked her smilingly. "I think I am going crazy and tge reason is you." I said. I dialed my mom's number while tying the tie around my neck. Soon she picked up the call.

" Hello, Lowkey boy." Mom said cheerfully and I chuckled.

" Good morning, Mom." I said.

" Good morning, Sweetheart." Mom said. " How was your flight?" She asked me.

" It was good, Mom." I said.

" Alright. Did you sleep well?" She asked cause she knew I can't sleep well after a flight. It takes long to convince my brain to help me sleep. I sighed inwardly.

" Wasn't good enough." I said to her honestly cause she will eventually come to know that. I heard her sighing.

" Will I send Liam to help you?" She asked me.

" No, Mom. No need to send him. I will manage. Besides, he needs to relax for a while." I said.

" Alright then. Take care." She said.

" Sure Mom." I said.

" Had your breakfast?" She asked.

" No, Mom. Woke up a while back then took a shower. Now getting ready for office." I said. " I will have my breakfast before going." I said.

" Yeah, don't skip it." She said.

" Sure Mom. I will have it no worries." I said.

" Better." She said.

" Where is everyone, Mom?" I asked her.

" Lucy is baking some cupcakes, your uncle, Dad and Liam has gone to office and I am talking to you. And if you are asking about Aurora she gone to office with Liam." She said chuckling. Mom's instinct. She noticed it. I had a feeling that she knows this already. I wasn't wrong. I sighed.

" Why has she gone to office?! Doesn't she have classes today?" I inquired.

" She has but she so badly wanted to bunk. So, I allowed her.

" You allowed her?!" I asked her weirdly. Usually Mom is too much strict about studies. She never let Nemo, me or Liam bunk. But she let her?!!

" Yes. I let her. She showed me a cute puppy face and I couldn't be strict on her." She said and I chuckled.

" You shouldn't have allowed her to bunk, Mom. But alright. Liam will be with her and she won't be bored." I said.

" They have a plan to visit Nemo today." Mom said.

" Good then. Let them enjoy for a while. I will be back by tonight." I said.

" Alright then. You take care of yourself and if it's much to take then come tomorrow. No need to travel like this with hell tired situation." She said.

" Ok, Mom. You take care. Bye, Mom." I said.

" Bye, Sweetheart." She said and kissed on the screen. Then hung up. I smiled. Isn't my mom so nice?! Yeah, I know she is.

I took my stuffs and took my jacket. I came out of the hotel suite for reached the lobby. I walked to towards the restaurant opposite side of the road. I ordered something to do my breakfast meanwhile I checked my mails. Soon I was finished with breakfast and I started for the office. The staffs started to greet me. I just nodded.

I had a meeting with Holden which made me irritated immediately. I just don't like Candice Holden. She is a pain in ass. Hell annoying spoiled brat. I hope she won't make any fuss today. I am already irritated missing Aurora like hell. I can't take her drama today. Soon the meeting started and Candice as always tried to gain my attention with her stupid activities but I ignored her kept things professional. Suddenly I saw Mrs. Williams entered the room.

" Sir, there is a very very important call for you from your brother. He is saying it's very urgent. I am afraid that he can't wait until the meeting finishes." She said. I stood up. What happened to him now!!! Anything happened to Aurora?! No!!!

" Excuse me, if you don't mind, I think it's really important." I said and quickly walked out of the conference room. I picked up the phone.

" Hello?" I said.

" Lowkey, where are you?" He asked me.

" I was in board meeting until you drag me out of that." I said. "Now spill. What happened? Is everything ok?" I asked him.

" Rora is demanding to know about the part of the illegal issues of Stratton. What will I do? Will I tell her?" He asked me and my eyes widened and.

" How did she come to know that?" I asked him.

" Slip out of my mouth." He said.

" What!!! Are you stupid!!" I asked my twin.

" Yeah, may be." He said to irritate me.

" Ok, give the phone to Aurora." I said to him.

" Hello, Luke?" I heard the voice which ran peace through my body.

" Hello, Aurora." I said.

" Will you please tell me why my parents is going to be in jail soon?" She asked me directly.

" Can we talk later? I am in a board meeting." I told her.

" This is more important to me. If you please tell me it would be very nice of you." She said and I sighed.

" Can you please wait until tonight? I will be back then." I said to her.

" Why are you hiding this from me?" She asked me.

" Not hiding. You don't have to know this." I said.

" But I want to." She said.

" Then let's talk about it tonight." I said and heard her sighing.

" Ok. Then I will be waiting for you." She said.

" Hmm, sure." I said and she hung up.

I went back and attended the meetings. I was thinking how to explain things. I was walking out of the conference room suddenly Candice blocked my way. I took a step back as she was standing too close.

" What do you think having a lunch together, Luke?" She asked smirking at me.

" I am going back home now. Sorry. But I can't accept your request." I said walking past her. But as I say she was a spoilt brat.

" How long will you keep denying me?" She shouted at me from back. I ignored her. I was already worried about expressing the truth and she was messing with me now. She didn't stop she ran to me and tried to hug me in the lobby.

" Behave, woman!!! What's wrong with you?! Can't you get the hint that I don't like you?" I said to her in a cold tone. " Stay the hell away from me." I said to her and left her there. I was in no mood of dealing with her when I was tensed about facing the truth.