Strange

Aurora's POV

" Hey, girl!!" I heard Kate as soon as Luke left me in the University. I turned and found her coming towards me.

" Oh, hi, Kate." I said.

" Congratulations, dude." She told me and gave me a tight hug.

" Grazie." I told her.

" Yeah, you are welcome. I know some italian words." She said.

" I know only two - Grazie and Ciao." I said and chuckled.

" You can learn it now as you are setting down here." She said.

" Yeah, may be very soon." I said.

" Really? Already planning for that?" She asked me.

" No not really but what use of prolong it. Sooner or later we have to do it. I prefer sooner rather than later." I said.

" Great then. Do invite me surely." She said.

" Of course." I said." You will be my bridesmaid."

" Sure if you want me to be that." She said.

" Yeah, I do. I want you to be my bridesmaid." I said to her.

" Yeah I will be." She said. " Show me the ring." She said and I show her the ring. She looked at it and smiled.

" Beautiful. It's really really beautiful." She said.

" It is." I said.

" You're one of the luckiest girl in the world." She said.

" May be. Or may be not." I said and sighed.

" Why? What happened? Aren't you happy? You should be happy. You got a lovely family." She said.

" Yes, I am happy and grateful that I got them but it's not about them everything is ok with them. It's about my own family." I said.

" What's with them? They have any problem with your getting married with Luke?" She asked me.

" I don't know. I haven't been contacting with them for long." I said. She looked at me weirdly.

" But why?" She asked me.

" I was thinking about to call them but I don't want to do it now." I said.

" I didn't get you." She said.

" You won't understand." I said.

" I will understand if you try to explain me." She said.

" It's a long story." I said.

" I am not busy." She said.

" But we have classes." I said.

" Bloody classes" she said as soon as we entered the class.

" Yeah. Bloody classes. Now let's go. I don't want to miss the lecture." I said.

We quickly had our sits. Soon the class started and we attended the classes. I was listening to the professor very attentively. Suddenly he pointed me to stand up. I slowly stood up. Totally not knowing why he make me stand up. I was listening to him attendtively today.

" Yes, professor?" I said.

" Can you explain the fact I was explaining a while back?" He asked me.

" Yeah, sure." I said and went in front of the class and I tried my best to explain it.

" Hmm. You can go back to your seat." He said and I nodded. I sat back to my sit.

" Old fool. Thought people will every time do the same thing." I heard Kate saying and I chuckled. I was feeling proud of myself that at least I could make him think that I was not always inattentive in the class.

" Sssshhhhhh. Let's not talk in the class." I said and she nodded. Soon the class was finished and we walked out of the class. I can feel eyes on me but I ignored them.

" Haven't they seen human in their life?" I heard Kate's irritated voice and chuckled.

" They are human only." I said.

" I didn't say that they are monkey." She said and I laughed. " But they are acting like they are monkey and watching human for the first time in their lives. Crazily stupid." She said.

" Let's go. You talk too much loudly." I said pulling her with me.

" World full of ape." She said more like shouted on the of her lungs and I shook my head.

" No one can lead you in a current way. You are always the way you are." I said.

" Yeah, Seb also says that." She said.

" Your cousin?" I asked her.

" Yeah." She said.

" You called him ape too?" I asked sighing deeply.

" No. I called him Chimpanzee." She said. " Actually I gave him a lot of pet name. This is one of them. I call him Chimpanzee when he acts like an a**hole." She said and I chuckled.

" Yeah, got it." I said.

" He is annoying as hell sometimes and always says no one can cope with me without getting hurt. I thought to take the challenge. May be this time prove him wrong. Who knows!!!" She said.

" Challenge? About what?" I asked her.

" About win over him." She said.

" I am getting a feeling that he is also crazy like you." I said.

" Wrong feeling you got. He is nothing like me. Literally nothing." She said.

" Okay?!" I said.

" He is way too serious guy. I sometimes try to pull out some pranks on him. Most of the time it fails. I pity the poor girl who is going to be his wife." She said shaking her head in a funny way. I chuckled.

" You will see, she will keep him on his toes." I said.

" Or he will scare the hell out of her." She said. I laughed.

" No he won't. You will see." I said.

" Alright leave it. You were saying about your family. What happened? Why don't you contact with them?" She asked.

" Story for another time. Really not feeling like discussing about that right now." I said.

" Alright. I won't force you to tell me that." She said. " You can tell me whenever you feel you want to tell me that." She said and I nodded.

" Thank you for understanding." I said.

" I will always do that. I promise I will never disrespect our friendship." She said.

" Suddenly why did you say that?" I asked her.

" Just like that. Wanted to tell you." She said.

" I am grateful that I got a friend like you." I said.

" Same here." She said.

" I just wanted to ask you something if you don't mind." I said.

" Yeah, sure. Go ahead." She said.

" Last night when I called you there was too much noise. Even someone screamed on the top of the his lungs. You told it's on TV your grandpa was watching TV but it felt so real, Kate. I felt like someone was screaming in pain." I said.

" Oh, it was a horror movie. Nothing more than that." She said looking at the papers searching for a note.

" Then from where the waiter came suddenly?" I asked her.

" Why are you asking that?" She asked me back stopping whatever she was doing.

" Just out of curiosity." I said.

" Oh, actually, grandpa and I were in the restaurant counter. He was watching TV and I was helping him." She said and I nodded. Sometimes Kate acts so weird. Not the normal one. She acts like she is not from this world. This is strange.