Images flashed behind his eyes and he flinched away from the bed. No, no, they couldn't have. His daddy hated him and his mummy was dead.

Zayn wiped his eyes and padded out the door. He had the horrible urge to go hug Ziam, the only one who would understand and whom he could talk to. But Ziam wasn't here.

He walked down the hall just as Doris and Daisy walked out. Daisy lifted her hand in a wave. "Morning, Zayn-o."

Zayn mustered a smile. "Hello."

Doris trotted over to him and pointed to his pyjamas. "Caws."

"What?" Zayn asked confusedly, patting her head. She was shorter than him and reached his chest.

"She likes the cars," Daisy explained as she started heading downstairs. She sniffed the air and her eyes lit up. "Brownies?" she asked dreamily, a split copy of her sister.

Zayn gasped. Her nose was too good. He shook his head. "I don't know."

Daisy sent him a grin and hurried downstairs. Zayn was left with Doris and he started walking downstairs. He noticed that the two year old had trouble walking down the stairs as she wobbled on every step. Zayn's eyes widened and he held out his hand. "I can help you."

Doris grabbed his hand and sent him a toothy grin. "I like Zayn."

"I like me too," Zayn told her too. "But my daddy don't like me." They were halfway down the stairs when Daisy hurried up, a hot brownie in her mouth. She fanned her mouth and swallowed. "Thanks Zayn, I forgot her."

Zayn sent her a disapproving look. "I nevew forget Louis. How you forget Doris?"

Daisy blinked at him and burst into a laugh. "I apologize. It's wonderful that you've never forgotten Louis."

Zayn nodded seriosuly, and he pouted. "But Louis forget Ziam," he said bitterly and jumped down the last step. Doris, who was holding his hand, let out a squeal. "I fall."

Zayn turned to the toddler and patted her head. "I not forget you, Dowis."

"Zayn, say cheese," Daisy said suddenly. Zayn turned his head to see her taking a picture of them. He gasped as the flash went off. "I not ready."

"Daisyyyy," Phoebe groaned and pulled her to the living room. Zayn followed the twins and Doris followed him. The living room was filled with the smell of baked goods and on the table were the brownies. Zayn's mood lifted and he hurried over to grab a brownie. Harry noticed and turned just to warn him when Zayn had lifted the brownie up. IT HOT, his mind screamed.

He threw it up in the air. "Aaaaah!"

He looked up with wide eyes as the brownie dramatically took a spin and fell. He leaned forward to catch it, but it was hot. Zayn screamed. "Hoooot!" He threw the brownie back up. Someone started laughing. Zayn scowled. How rude. The brownie fell again and Zayn didn't want it to fall on the floor, it could get hurt. He took a deep breath and held his hands out to catch it. His hands could burn, the brownie was #1 priority. But the brownie did not land on his hands, but rather his head. Zayn bit the inside of his cheek and let his hands fall at his sides. "I'm okay," he announced, but he checked his hands since they hurt a little. His scalp was burning. Harry walked over to check his hands, and Zayn's eyes watered. Harry frowned worriedly. "Where does it hurt? Here?" he asked and tenderly touched the red skin on Zayn's hands. Zayn slapped Harry's hands away. "My haiwr on fire, Hawry," he whispered.

Harry's eyes widened. He grabbed the brownie and placed it back on the tray. Zayn wiped his eyes with a pout and touched his head. It was warm. Harry ruffled his hair gently and picked him up. "You're okay, but show me your hands again."