"He's got a fever again," Louis said, standing up immediately. Johannah frowned worriedly, brushing Zayn's hair out of his face. "Did you give him the medicine?"

"Yeah and the fever was off him for like two hours," Louis said, his heart squeezing as he noticed Zayn's pouty frown as he slept. The little boy didn't move much as Louis unwrapped him from the blanket, noticing his damp t-shirt underneath.

"We need to cool him down," Johannah said, lifting the boy's t-shirt over his head with carefulness and the experience of a mother.

"Won't he be cold?" Daisy wondered, her brow furrowed as she looked at the sick boy.

"The fire's burning," Johannah pointed out, nodding her head towards the fireplace. She gestured for Felcitie to toss her a pillow and she placed it under Zayn's head. Zayn didn't even react to that, sleeping, but Louis wouldn't say peacefully. He seemed troubled, his breathing heavy.

"His nose is blocked as well," Johannah said, telling Charlotte to bring the thermometer so they would know how much fever he had. "A steam would be good when he wakes up. Louis, honey, bring the medicine for the fever."

Louis nodded and dashed upstairs, taking two steps at a time. When he walked into his room, he noticed his phone flare up. Taking a quick peak as he grabbed the medicine, Louis noticed that it was Niall. The Irish lad had called him about 26 times. Since he was too worried about Zayn, and Niall usually called so much when he needed a certain recipe or if Simon had told him something, Louis ignored his phone and hurried downstairs.

After trying to cool Zayn down, and forcing the boy to take the medicine, Zayn was a sweating, sleepy mess. His hair was sticking to his head due to sweat, his voice sounded awfully congested and he kept complaining about the weird feeling in his tummy.

Louis crouched down, touching the side of the boy's face, finger grazing the gauge above his temple. "You want to go to sleep? The medicine will kick in soon and you will feel better."

"No," Zayn said quietly, sounding on the verge of tears. Louis pursed his lips, his heart sinking. What do I do? How could he make Zayn happy when at the moment, nothing was making him happy?

"I have lollipops in my room if you want one," Phoebe pitched. Zayn shook his head, lifting a hand to push the hair off his forehead. Louis rubbed Zayn's knee, putting on a smile. "Do you want to talk to the boys?"

"No," Zayn said, tears welling up in his eyes. Extremely worried now, Louis sat down beside the boy, pulling him in a hug. "Hey, it's okay. Everyone feels horrible at some point. You will get better." Zayn clutched him tightly, and Louis heard him sob softly before he felt it. He rubbed the boy's back, trying to calm him down.

"Oh my god, what happened to his back?" Phoebe asked worriedly, squinting in the dim lighting. "Or is it just me?"

Zayn suddenly jerked up, eyes wide. Louis could feel the boy's panic and he caressed his cheeks. "It's fine," he said softly, looking Zayn in the eye. Zayn's lower lip trembled, and Louis told Felicite to give him the boy's shirt. While he put it on Zayn, he sent everyone a look that said 'later'. Though Zayn's marks weren't as prominent as before, starting to fade a little with time, they were still visible. Louis had an angry suspicion that they would stay there for the rest of his life.

"Do you want to sleep?" he asked Zayn, checking his fever again. Zayn shook his head with the thermometer in his mouth, his eyes wet from tears. Louis picked him up, and Zayn placed his head on his shoulder. "Guys, I'll head upstairs. Try to get him to sleep."

Johannah nodded, standing up and ruffling his hair. "You'll feel better after a good night's sleep, Zayn."

Zayn didn't respond, but Louis knew he was listing. He bid everyone good night, much to the girl's disappointment as they stared at the monopoly board.