Harry watched warily as Simon exchanged looks with Pete, and both boys as well as the other representatives weren't blind to it.

"What's really all of this about?" Louis asked skeptically, looking between Pete and Simon. Simon cleared his throat and spread his hands. "Updates really. How's Zayn?"

"He's fine," Harry almost snapped. He'd been here yesterday and Simon had given him a huge lecture for not telling them what was going on in their lives, which included Zayn. Today he had called a meeting for updates, and again seemed interested in Zayn as if he was a part of their album or something.

"Is he liking kindergarten?" Simon asked, as always having ignored his tone. Harry twirled the ring on his finger, not really wanting to say something. Everything seemed off with Simon.

"Yeah..." Louis said slowly, looking at everyone. "Why so interested?"

George shrugged and Luke turned to Simon with raised eyebrows. "Yeah, by the way is the boy coming along on next week's interview?" He turned to the boys. "You'll be performing Drag Me Down."

"We know," Louis muttered.

"Relax, I was just curious," Simon said. He nodded at Luke. "It's better if he isn't. The spotlight needs too stay on the boys that day."

Harry ran a hand through his hair. "We've already decided that we're going to drop him off at kindergarten that day." And not because of the spotlight, but  because they were trying to give him a normal life.

"Good, good," Simon said, a thoughtful look crossing his features. "Which adoption centre did you adopt him from?"

"Lewisham Adoption," Louis said sharply. "He's three year old, has black hair, hazel eyes. Today he's wearing a red shirt and jeans. His shoes are either white or light blue, I'm not sure," he said sarcastically and pulled his phone out. "But I can check if you want to know."

Harry stifled a laugh, a small sound escaping his mouth. He pressed his lips together and tried to keep a straight face.

Simon rolled his eyes. "Be serious, Louis."

"Was that all?" Louis asked, standing up. "If those were the updates, then next time just exchange this information over the phone." He stifled a yawn and mumbled something under his breath about Simon being a 'secretive bastard'. Harry coughed and shrugged at Simon as he stood up as well. "If that's it, then I suppose we'll be leaving?"

Pete looked like he was about to say something, but Simon shot him a glare. He then turned back to Harry and Louis. "Another meeting at the end of this week. I want all four of you here, there is something important we need to discuss."

"Then spill it now," Louis said impatiently. Simon raised and eyebrow at him. "See you later this week, Louis. Hopefully you'll be wearing a better attitude."

<><><><><>
Harry stretched once they got out of the car. "What a waste of time."

"And energy," Louis said from beside him, pulling out a pack of cigarettes. "You'd think the old man knows better than to hold secrets."

Harry nodded in agreement, trying not to show his worry. He smiled at Louis while he took a drag. "At least today's good news is that Zayn's getting more comfortable with the children in kindergarten."

Louis smiled and nodded, blowing out a puff of smoke. "I saw Niall's snap. Maybe tomorrow he'll stay there alone."

Harry shrugged and rubbed his hands together as they were starting to get cold. "Hope so. I feel he's behind a lot when it comes to development. He doesn't know much."