"It'sh okay, Nawiall"

Start from the beginning

"Cho cool," Zayn said excitedly, jumping giddily

"You can use it when you start preschool too," Louis said, nodding at the bag. "Whatcha think Payno?"

Zayn tilted his head, wondering what preschool was.

"It's great," Lima said with a smile, picking up the yellow one Zayn had discarded. Zayn shook his head, grabbing it from him. He clutched both bags to his chest. "No, Jayn keep it."

"You want to keep both?" Louis asked, jabbing a thumb behind him where Harry and Niall had disappeared. The shop was huge and had it's own section for lunch boxes, books and bags. "Harry and Niall might have found something even better."

Zayn looked at the two bags in his hand, hesitating as he glanced at them both. He looked up and spotted Harry. The curly haired boy walked forward excitedly, lunchbox and bottle in hand. "These were the best one there."

Zayn gasped, dropping both bags. He ignored Louis' laughter as he lunged for the batman lunchbox and bottle, the logo making him even more giddy. He clutched the two to his chest, loving them already. The decision was final, he was definitely keeping this one.

"Hey, I found a bag," Niall said, walking over to them and holding up a pink bag with strawberries on and a girl with pink clothes. Zayn and the rest of the boys looked at him quizzically. "No," Zayn said slowly, hoping he didn't hurt Niall's feelings.

Niall grinned at them. "It was a joke."

Zayn walked forward and patted his knee, knowing he must be feeling embarrassed. "It'sh okay, Nawiall."

He then skipped over to the bags again, trying to see if something else had Batman, the boys teasing Niall behind his back.

<><><><><><>

Zayn clutched the plastic bag to his chest, swinging his legs. He was seated in Niall's lap, his new bought things in his lap. Music was lightly playing in the background as they drove back home. Louis and Liam spoke loudly as they  discussed something about team and football.

"Jayn have Hawwy on team," Zayn chirped happily. The two boys were too engrossed in their conversation to notice, but Niall chuckled, planting a kiss to the side of his head. "What about me?"

"You too on Jayn'sh team," Zayn said, accidentally hitting Niall in the shin. He stopped swinging his legs and looked out the window. The boys had buyed a new jacket for him, two bags, a pair of new shoes and a Batman lunchbox and bottle. But the thing was, he didn't want to start kindergarten.

"Oh no," Preston, who was driving, said suddenly.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked, looking up from his phone with a frown. Louis and Liam's chatter died down.

"We are getting pulled over," Preston said with a sigh, stopping on the side of the road. Zayn looked around, they had stopped in front of a grocery store. "What we pulling?"

The boys waited and Zayn looked around, wondering curiously what they were waiting for. But then a police officer appeared in front of them as Preston's window rolled down.

Zayn's eyes widened and he looked outside again, wondering who was being a bad person. But then he realized, nobody was with them, only people who were walking inside the store. The man began to talk to Preston and Zayn furrowed his brows, thinking it might be a mistake. Preston wasn't a bad person.

"The child in the back's not supposed to be sitting on your lap, mister," the man said, pulling out a notebook. "What would you do if you happened to be in an accident?"

"Oh, sorry. We haven't bought a seat yet," Liam said, smiling sheepishly. The man raised an eyebrow, his face set in a scowl. He pointed to the shopper in Zayn's hand. "That should be your top priority to buy." He looked at all of them strictly as he wrote down in his notebook. "Which one of these is your dad, kid?"

Zayn froze, his brows furrowing. He looked up at the officer, disappointed that he was so stern when the ones that had taken him to the adoption center were really nice. And the fact that he would think that one of them was his dad were ridiculous.

"They not Jayn'sh dad," Zayn said loudly, angry tears pressing behind his eyes. They would never be like his dad, they were much much better than him. "They nevew be my dad," he cleared, rubbing his eyes. Niall rubbed his arms comfortingly.

Zayn looked up and Harry smiled weakly at him, squeezing his hand in reassurance. "He didn't mean it like that," he said softly, pursing his lips.

"Can we get the fee and leave, officer?" Louis asked irritably, an upset look on his face. "Or do you want to know about my dad as we-"

Liam clamped a hand on his mouth and smiled apologetically again. "Sorry, its complicated. We'll get a seat as soon as possible."

The officer grunted and handed Preston a yellow note. "Good day," he
mumbled before leaving.

There was silence in the car as they began to drive again. Zayn looked down
at his lap, wondering if the boys were angry at him for snapping at the police officer. Preston looked at the boys who were quiet. He then looked at Zayn in the mirror. "You okay, Zayn?"

Zayn nodded, relaxing back into Niall's chest, the atmosphere in the car giving him the feeling that he said something wrong. Confusing thing was, he wasn't sure what.

<><><>A/N<><><>
❤️❤️ vote and comment and share ❤️❤️

I should be preparing for school again, but then I saw that this book's ranking had gone to #95 and therefore I am back! Thank you, lovely people (:

All the love xx 😘