"Okay, I'll just swim with you then." Louis said, attempting to cross his arms over his chest but ended crossing them over Zayn's back. Zayn narrowed his eyes. "Am gowing to tell Hawwy ywou'we being mean to Jayn."
Louis' jaw dropped. "Are you...blackmailing me?"
Zayn stuck his nose up in the air, sending a silent prayer to God to let him live longer. "Jayn doeshn't know what dat meansh, but it shoundsh evil...and black. Sho yeah, am blackmoving ywou."
Niall laughed loudly, and Zayn wondered when he didn't laugh. "Am telling Leeyum about ywou too."
The laughter stopped, and Zayn smiled proudly. "You're annoying." Louis whined, and Zayn scrunched his brows together curiously. Annoying.

Suddenly, someone bursted out of the water beside them and Zayn screamed, nails digging into Louis' back. Harry grinned widely, the 'dimple' prominent and looking more like a half moon than ever. Zayn breathed a sigh of relief. "Hawwy, Loueh ish annoywing."
"I am not!"
"Yesh, ywou awe!"
"Zayn, are you afraid of the water?" Harry chuckled.
Zayn nodded sheepishly, and Harry held his arms out. "You can sit on my back."
Zayn's eyes widened. "But what if Jayn fallsh?"
"He won't." Harry promised.
"But what if he doesh?" Zayn pressed.
"Hawwy will save him."
Zayn giggled. "No, it will be late and da shawk will eat him wup."
"There's no shark in a swimming pool." Niall told him, and Zayn pursed his lips. Oh how uneducated the blonde haired lad was.

"Come on, you can trust me right?" Harry said, patting his back. Zayn reluctantly unwrapped his arms from around Louis, and moved his body towards Harry.
But suddenly, Louis lifted him up and set him down. Zayn screamed as he touched the water, his shorts soaking wet. He squeezed his eyes shut as his small arms wrapped around the nearest thing he could find. Niall's leg.
"Zayn, you're standing in the water." Louis laughed, and Zayn reopened his eyes and looked down. Indeed, his feet were touching the pool floor. Zayn wriggled his toes and tilted his head. An idea came to his mind and he smirked as he splashed water on each of the boys, except Harry. Not because he was tall and the water wouldn't reach his eyes, because that would be embarrassing. Nope, not because of that.
"You little." Louis reached forwards to grab him, but Zayn turned around and tried to run. "Da watew ish annoywing." Zayn frowned. As he walked carefully, curiously inspecting his toes, he noticed that his feet were starting to float and he panicked. He turned around to walk back, because he definitely didn't want to drown, but that's when his eyes landed on the shark fin that was coming towards him. Zayn screamed, covering his eyes with his hands, heart pounding fast in his chest. That was it, he was dead.

Suddenly, the nine year-old emerged from the water. He was wearing a triangular grey hat, and was clutching his stomach as he laughed loudly. Zayn tried to steady his racing heart as his shoulders slumped in relief.
"Ywou shcawed me!" Zayn yelled at him, lower lip trembling as he looked around for the boys.
"That was the point." The boy laughed. "You should've seen your face."
"Go away." Zayn huffed.
The boy stuck his tongue out and swam away. Zayn tilted his head, and he poked his own tongue out.
"Zayn!"
Zayn turned around and saw Harry coming towards him. He threw his arms around the lad's waist and hoisted himself up like a koala bear again. "Jayn wash gowing to shink. Jayn doeshn't want to be in da watew."
Harry furrowed his brows. "But you could wear armbands, they'll keep you afloat."
Zayn lifted his head up. "Awmbwandsh?"

Harry smiled and nodded. "Come on, let's borrow some."
Zayn shook his head. "Jayn won't go in the watew."
"Want to ride on my back?" Harry asked, and Zayn shook his head.
"I promise I won't let you fall."
Zayn bit his lip and nodded. "Owkay, but if Jayn diesh, ywou awe not Jayn'sh favowite."
Harry chuckled. "Okay."
Zayn slowly unwrapped his arms and legs, and lowered himself to the ground. Harry grabbed his legs and pulled him up on his back, Zayn grabbing his hair in a tight grip.
"Uh Zayn. You can grab my shoulder instead." Harry grimaced, and Zayn shook his head. "No, It'sh owkay. Jayn ish shafer like dish."
"But you're pulling at my hair, Zayn." Harry pressed, and Zayn frowned. "Doesh it huwt?"
Louis laughed, and Zayn turned his head to the sound of the laughing devil. Niall and he waded towards them, amused looks on their faces.

"No no, it doesn't hurt. Pull his hair a little more Zayn, in case you fall."
Niall laughed as Zayn did what Louis had suggested, and Harry gritted his teeth. "Louis."
Louis laughed. "Okay, okay. Zayn it hurts." he walked forward and picked on Zayn's hair. "Ow!" Zayn scowled, and Louis shrugged. "I'm doing what you're doing."
"Are you giving up and going home?" Niall pouted, and Zayn shook his head. "Hawwy'sh going to give Jayn awmbwandsh."
"That's nice, come on let's get them." Louis said, pointing towards a basket full of orange and yellow small plastic pillows.

<><>Harry<><>
Zayn poked the armband, smiling widely. "Jayn won't shink?"
"Nope."
"And for extra measures..." Louis pulled the swimming ring down Zayn's head. "This will definitely prevent you."
"Thank ywou!" Zayn said excitedly, trotting towards the edge of the pool. Gulping hardly, the toddler sat down, feet splashing in the water.
"Aren't you going to go further?" Niall asked and Zayn's eyes widened slightly. "Go in da watew!?"
Louis gave him a look. "You're using floaties and swimming ring to sit on the edge of the pool."
Zayn nodded firmly.
Harry laughed as he walked forward and sat down beside the toddler. "Wouldn't it be cool to play in the water like them?" He pointed to the two children playing in the pool, a boy and a girl.

Zayn leaned forward and whispered, "He shcawed Jayn."
"He did, did he?" Harry whispered back, and Zayn nodded furiously, pointing to the boy. Harry pushed Zayn's arm back down as the boy's father noticed. "It's rude to point."
Zayn frowned. "But it's wude to shcawe too!"
"Okay okay, but I'm going for a swim. Want to join me?" Harry asked softly, and Zayn bit his lip and nodded, eyeing the water. Harry smiled and grabbed the toddler by the waist, under the swimming ring and hoisted him into the water. Zayn grabbed his arm tightly, squeezing his eyes shut. "Ish a shawk coming?"
"Nope, alls clear." Harry replied, watching from the corner of his eyes as Louis and Niall argued over something, hands flying.
Zayn reopened his eyes and smiled crookedly. "Jayn'sh not shinking."
"No, you're not." Harry smiled, letting go of his arm. Zayn's eyes widened and Harry rubbed his shoulder comfortingly. "It's fine, I'm here. We're not even on the deep side."
Zayn giggled, and Harry blinked. "What?"

"Look!" Zayn pointed to Louis and Niall, before frowning at his finger, his other hand pushing the arm down like Harry had just done.
Harry couldn't help but smile with affection and coo inside himself. Zayn was too cute for his own good.
"Hawwy!" Zayn said again. "Look qwikly." He held out a fist in Nouis' direction and Harry laughed. Zayn grinned toothily. "Am not pointing!"
Harry finally turned to see Louis and Niall still arguing. Louis groaned over something and Harry chuckled. He gets annoyed so quickly. He turned his attention to Niall who crossed his arms.
"Why awe thewe fightwing?" Zayn laughed. Harry shrugged, eyes widening at what happened next. Niall's eyes glinted mischievously as he unfolded his arms and pushed Louis into the pool. Louis emerged up from the water, sputtering as Niall laughed loudly. Harry bursted into laughter, finding Louis' disheveled, wet hair and confused look hilarious and adorable. Zayn was laughing too, the light shining on his eyes and Harry noticed a speck in them. A beautiful speck that made the toddler's eyes look even more stunning and beautiful than they did before.
"Yesh Loueh, dat wash wewenge fo being annoywing!" Zayn laughed loudly, and Harry chuckled, a warm feeling spreading through his body.

<><><><>A/N<><><><>
😒 Calm before the storm...
Happy late Eid to all the Muslims! 😊
😏 Happy late harrylouyear to all the larry shippers!

xx