CPS

Carina's POV :

I saw the whole scene but I didn't want to interrupt. Maya did a great job calming Bianca down and I was so proud of her because before, she was the one who needed help breathing during a panic attack, but today she used the tools I gave her to help our little girl.

The social worker looked at the whole scene as well, and took some notes on his file.

When I came back with the glass of water, I sat on the other side of Bianca, but the social worker told me not to get too comfortable because he would have to talk to Bianca alone at some point.

"Do you really have to do that ? You clearly saw how helpless she was few seconds ago..." I sighed but he insisted so Maya and I made our way to the kitchen. We were able to hear them but they weren't facing us so they didn't know.

"How are you feeling here Bianca ?"

"I- good." She said above a whisper.

"Do you like being with Carina Deluca and Maya Bishop ? Are they nice with you ? Are you spending some time together ?" He was clearly reading his paper, not taking care of Bianca's state and not even bothering looking at her. But I thought it was for the best because the teen was already worked up.

"That- that's a lot of questions." She stuttered and the guy sighed, which made Bianca quietly whine, but she tried her best to answer all the questions in one breathe. "I like it here, they're really really nice and- and we spent a lot of time together." Then she added "We even went to the aquarium." and it made my wife and I smile big at hearing how she remembered well our little trip, which meant so much to her.

"Alright. Do you want to change your placement ?"

Suddenly, Bianca's face went white, I noticed it because she turned around, staring at us. Maya and I immediately made it look like we weren't paying attention to their conversation, otherwise the social worker would've said we weren't respecting the rules.

"No ! I don't want to go away, please I want to stay with them ! They're like my mommys I don't want to go away ! I'm scared please make me stay !" Bianca screamed, now asking for us with her gesture. Maya and I ran to the distressed little girl to avoid her having another anxiety attack.

"It's okay little one, you're staying with us it's okay." Maya whispered.

"I won't be too sure if I were you-" The man started but I cut it off. "Zitto ! (Shut up)" I took a deep breathe. "Bianca will be staying with us. She is staying with us. You asked us on the phone what was our next move ? Well we want to adopt her. We no longer want to be her foster parents. We want to be her legal guardians."

The social worker stared at me and slowly nodded.

"Alright. I wasn't ready for that but it's the best for all of us. Bianca will have a permanent family, and she won't be in our system anymore." He smiled and I fake smiled back. How can a man like this work with children...

After visiting quickly the apartment, the social worker said goodbyes and left.

(For those who don't remember or know what their apartment looks like :