GUILT

Maya's POV :

We came home after our little trip at the beach and my girls were so happy. Carina was able to tan and I knew how she loved it, and our little girl just realized one of her dream, swimming in the ocean. But I still felt a bit guilty for pushing too hard Bianca.

I knew with her condition it was not easy for her to walk a lot, especially under a burning sun. But I pushed he, above her limits and she had an episode, because of me. It was my fault.

When we entered our apartment, Bianca instantly fell into the couch.

"I'm exhausted !" She dramatically sighed.

"Go take a shower bella, then we can have dinner and cuddle together before you go to sleep." Carina instructed her, and the teenager did as she was told.

So it was only my wife and I, and she must have sensed my tensed and stressed body because she set her head on my shoulder and started massaging my back. "Talk to me."

I turned to face her

I turned to face her. "About what ?" I fake-asked, knowing already that she knew what was happening in my head.

"Maya." She said firmly, and I rolled my eyes before looking down. I couldn't escape this conversation.

 I couldn't escape this conversation

"I feel like him. Like Lane, my father. Look at Bianca, she's so tired. I shouldn't have pushed her that hard today. I didn't even think of her POTS before organizing this little surprise. I- I didn't think it was that difficult. I don't know what she can or cannot do, I don't know how to manage it."

"Maya, there is nothing to manage, and she can do anything. She's fine, she just has a condition that causes things to be harder for her than for everybody else, but she's fine."

"For now

"For now." I sighed. "What if next time you're not here to catch her, what if I push her too hard and she doesn't wake up ?! She is so fragile Carina..."

"No she's not. She's strong, very strong. She's one of the stronger girl I know, with you of course. Look what she's been though and she still enjoy every moment in life. We need to make sure she stays a teenage girl, even with her condition." My wife said, taking my hands in hers. I weakly smiled and slowly fell into her embrace. We hugged each other tightly while Carina led me to our room.

"What are you doing ?" I asked her.

"I'm trying to make you feel better

"I'm trying to make you feel better." She smirked, making me fall on our bed.

"Babe, there is a teen in the other room, I don't think th-" I was cut off by her kissing me deeply, and then we enjoyed some time together, until there was a knock at our bedroom's door.

I promptly slipped on a shirt and some shorts and Carina did the same after getting off of me.

"Come in !" She said once we were dressed up, giggling as I was mortified at the idea of Bianca hearing us doing adults things.

"I'm hungry." The little girl stated, opening the door and looking at us with questioning eyes.

"Oh uh, the dinner is leftovers. I'm going to warm it up." I answered standing up and making my way to the kitchen as quickly as I could.

Carina's POV :

"Come here." I said to Bianca, who was standing awkwardly at the door frame. She sat next to me, leaning against the headboard. We stayed in an uncomfortable silence for few minutes until I started talking, I needed to explain her things, she was old enough to understand how two people can show their love to each other.

"I don't really know how much you heard but just so you know, it's perfectly natural to do these things with your partner. Maybe you already had relationship but you can always talk to me and ask me questions if you want. I'm here for you even for your sexual adventures-"

 I'm here for you even for your sexual adventures-"

"Mamma stop !" She screamed, plugging her ears.

"What ?" I turned to face her and I saw her disgusted face. And she was crimson.

"I don't want to talk about that with you ! With anyone ! I don't want to talk about..."

"Sex. You can say it, it's not a naughty word."

"Mammaaaaa please !" She pleaded, feeling very embarrassed.

I put my hands up in defense. "Okay okay bambina, we'll have this conversation later." I laughed. "Did you want to talk about something else ?" I then asked her.

 "Did you want to talk about something else ?" I then asked her

"Well, yes. I don't know how to ask but... I was wondering if I could get a job. It's summer and I've heard it's easier to work when you're young during the vacations."

I was very surprised by her request.

"Oh, I wasn't expecting that. Is there a reason why you want to work ?" I asked her, sensing she wasn't saying everything.

"I just want to earn money, my money." She looked down, nearly like she was ashamed of was she was asking.

"Dinner's ready !" My lover yelled from the kitchen and I looked at Bianca.

"So is it a yes ?"

"We'll discuss it with Maya." I stated.