ESCAPING

Bianca's POV :

I easily found my first class, and I entered it. I decided to make my moms proud so I sat at the front row. A girl walked in and stopped at the door frame, staring around her. She looked stressed like she didn't know where to sit. I kept glancing at her until our eyes met and I gesturing for her to sit next to me.

"Thank you." She said siting at my right. "It's difficult to be the new girl." She then added, taking her stuff out of her bag. All her pens, notebooks, everything was sparkly.

"I know." I sadly replied.

"What ? You're new too ?"

I nodded.

"Wow, you look so confident, I wish I was as confident as you."

"I'm not, trust me, I'm panicking inside." I laughed and she joined me.

"I'm Chloe." She smiled stretching her hand for me to shake.

"I'm Bianca." I shook her hand just when the teacher arrived.

"Hello everyone ! I'm Miss Collins, for those who don't know me yet. I see two new faces, girls at the front, would you like do to a quick presentation for us to know you better ?" She suggested, looking at Chloe and I.

Without any hesitation, Chloe stood up. "My name is Chloe Henderson, I'm eleven because I skipped fifth grade. I moved in Seattle a month ago because my dad was transferred. Before we lived in Tampa, and before that, Denver. We move a lot but hopefully I'll stay here until I graduate !" She giggled.

"Can you tell us more about your free time maybe ?" Asked Miss Collins.

"Oh that's simple, I'm a dancer. I dance four times a week at a local studio. I had to change team, moving here, but hopefully this one will be as successful as my last. We won National in our category last year !" She added. "And, otherwise, I have a little brother, his name is Jason and he's very stupid." The class laughed a lot at her statement.

"Thank you Chloe for this very precise explanation." She then turned to me. "Can you do the same sweetheart ?"

I stood up unsure. "I, erm... I'm Bianca Fiore Accardi, I'm twelve." I said and took a deep breathe. "I love the ocean."

"Can you tell us a bit more ?" Insisted the teacher.

"Well uuuh... I went to the beach last week, with my moms and-"

"her moms ?" "moms as a plural ?" "yuk !" I heard people whispering behind me.

"Guys, shush. Keep going Bianca."

"And... and I snorkeled." I added and just sat down, looking at my table in shame.

"That seems wonderful honey. I hope you all will welcome the girls greatly." She clapped once in her hands. "Alright, this year we'll start studying the climate and global warming, and we'll talk about the oceans." She added, blinking to me.

An hour passed and it was soon break time. We walked to the schoolyard and Chloe and I sat on a bench.

"So you have two moms ?" She asked and I nodded. "That's so cool ! I wish I had two moms. I love my dad but a house full of women could be so fun." She grinned.

"Do you have siblings ?"

"I don't."

"You're lucky, Jason my little brother is a pain in the ass."

We kept making small talks until the break was over and we returned to class. I was thankful Chloe was very talkative because I was feeling very shy, even if she seemed really nice.

The second period was still with Miss Collins and I understood she was going to be our teacher in most of the subjects, and it makes me happy because she was very nice too.

We started some algebra and I sighed. I've always suck at algebra. I tried my best to do the exercises but I couldn't solve them. Tears were building up in my eyes and I was trying to hide it from the rest of the class, I didn't want my them to see it.

"Is everything okay Bianca ?" Asked Miss Collins, crouching next to me. It surprised me a little.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to make you jump. I wanted to assure you that all the educational team is with you, and here to help. I know you hadn't had great experiences in your previous school but I promise you'll like this one. And for your health, never hesitate to ask me if you need to step outside or take a minute."

I thanked her and kept trying to resolve the problem on my paper. It rang and all my classmates ran to the cafeteria. With Chloe we followed them, but I stopped in the middle of the corridor.

"You're okay Bianca ?"

I took a deep breathe, nodded, and started walking again. In the cafeteria I wasn't able to find Zola or Sofia. I messaged them but they didn't answered so I sat with Chloe.

"So what was Miss Collins talking about when she told you about your health ?"

"Ummm... I have POTS, it's short for postural ortho-" Chloe cut me. "Orthostatic tachycardia syndrome. I saw a documentary on tv. It's not very dangerous but it can get serious if you fall and hit your head." She resumed.

I was impressed, Chloe seemed to know everything, she was very intelligent and I was a bit jealous of her.

When lunch time was over, we walked back to the class, but Miss Collins wasn't here anymore. She was replaced by a male teacher, very tall and with a lot of hair and a big beard.

"I'm Mister Freeman. I'll be your second teacher this year. A lot of you already know me, the other will learn." I said strictly. "Now we'll get started" He wrote the pages on the board and everyone opened their books to the right pages, except Chloe and I.

"And what are you waiting for ladies ?"

"We- I-" I started.

"We are new students sir. We don't have the books."

He stood there awkwardly before asking us to sit with other students and share the book with them. I sat next to a tall girl. The name on her book showed she was called Alice.

"You better start the exercises now, Mister Freeman is very mean when we don't do our work." She warned and I did as I was told.

His class was making me feel very stressed. I didn't want to be here anymore, I didn't understand half of the questions so I raised my hand. Everyone looked at me.

"Yes ?"

"May I go to the restroom ?" I quietly demanded.

"No. You should have gone during lunch break- oh wait, are you the one with the health problem ?" He asked back. I nodded awkwardly. "You may go. Five minutes."

I stood up and discreetly took my bag with me. As soon as I was in the corridor, I started running. I ran along the school, out of the gates, until I was in the streets.