CONSEQUENCE

TW : Yelling

--

Maya's POV :

Bianca was spending her Saturday afternoon at the station while Celeste was at the hospital day care. Since my oldest came back to school, we were slowly trying for Celeste to get used not to be with her sister or one of us all the time.

Bianca was currently in the lounge of the station. I told her to do her homework but when I came to check on her, she was staring at her phone screen.

I sighed and walked to her before snapping the object from her hands.

"Hey !" She shouted.

"Drop the attitude. And stop being on your phone, I told you to do your homework."

"But- but I was looking at a definition of a word I didn't know !" She replied.

I looked at the screen and saw that she was on OCS, watching a serie.

"Bianca, you know how I hate when you lie, and how disrespectful it is. I'm taking your phone for the rest of the afternoon."

"What if I need to check for a definition or-"

"You'll wait until I give you your phone back." I answered strictly and suddenly the alarm went off. I sighed again and handed her her phone. "If when I come back I catch you binge watching a serie, there will be serious consequences kiddo." And with that I ran to the trucks.

The call was thankfully minor, just an old lady falling in her kitchen and her front door was locked so the paramedics couldn't get in

The call was thankfully minor, just an old lady falling in her kitchen and her front door was locked so the paramedics couldn't get in. After breaking the lock we were able to rescue her and I was back at the station an hour later. I quietly made my way upstairs because I wanted to see if Bianca followed my instruction and at my biggest disappointment, when I entered the lounge she had earbuds and was again watching her serie.

"God Bianca ! You went too far ! Give me your phone and we'll have a conversation with mamma tonight !" I said storming out of the beanery. I walked pass Andy who was on desk duty and I slammed the door of my office. Seconds later, I heard knocks. I didn't answered but the person still opened my door.

"Not now !" I screamed at Andy who appeared at the door frame.

"What is it ? Can I help ?"

"No you can't. It's Bianca. She stepped over the line. Her attitude lately has been terrible and I'm tired of her being on her phone all the time. She used to be a curious little girl, she loved spending time with us, playing board games and everything."

Andy sat on the other side of my desk.

"She's a teenager Maya. She has an attitude, she doesn't want to be seen as a baby clutching to her mothers, she's grumpy and not listening to you. She's a teenager."

I sighed but looked at Andy who had a little smile on her face.

"She's a teenager Andy."

"Yes she is

"Yes she is."

"I don't even remember how she was when we took her in. And it was less than a year ago."

"She developed a lot with you and Carina, you raised her right, you helped her go from a kid to a teen, that's why she's not the same."

I suddenly felt emotional. "But she is no longer a baby, our baby."

"She'll always be your baby."

"It feels like she doesn't need us anymore." I wiped a single fallen tear.

"She does Maya, she needs you but not for the same things as before."

We stayed a little while in a comfortable silence until Bianca opened my office's door violently and stood at the door frame, tears freely falling from her eyes and sobs coming out of her mouth.

I immediately stood up and ran to her. "Baby ! Are you okay ?!"

 "Baby ! Are you okay ?!"

"Mom- mommy" She cried. "I- I'm bleeding !"