FIRE

Maya's POV :

After silently eating some biscuits and drinking a glass of juice, we drove back home. Carina was already there because her car was parked in front of the building. When I opened the front door, I was met with a delicious smell.

She must have heard the door because she jumped into us, before we had a chance to take off our shoes.

"We have something to celebrate tonight."

"Not yet my love, the hearing is tomorrow." I giggled but then turned back my attention to Bianca, who was staring at the ground silently.

"Is everything okay here ?" Carina asked, taking a step back.

"We had an important discussion at the station." I started looking at Bianca, but she looked like she didn't want to talk about it. "What about you go take a shower and get ready for bed while I explain to mamma what you told me before ?" I suggested to my little girl, who softly nodded and left to go to her room.

I explained everything to my wife who ended up wiping a few tears.

"How could we have guessed she was feeling like this ?" She whispered

"I don't know, I think it surprised her as well today. But we need to make her understand that we love her, and not because she is a child, we love her as Bianca !"

My wife agreed, just as Bianca appeared in the living room, all stuffed in her pajamas.

"Come sit with us sweetie."

The teenager took place between my wife and I, and we sandwiched her, kissing her temp.

"Bianca, we need you to understand that we love you as your person, with your own personality. We love the fact that we have now a child, but we love you not because you're a child. We love you because you're Bianca. It could have been any other child and we wouldn't have felt the same thing we felt when we first meet you, and every day ever since. It's you, who we love. Not any other child, you." Explained Carina and I turned to look at our future daughter, who was silently crying.

"But I'm too old for you, you wanted a baby, you ended up with a teenager." She sobbed.

"And we love that more than anything. We love the fact that we can talk to you as adults, but also when we can care for you as a little girl. Because you're our child, no matter what age you are, you'll always be our little baby." My wife finished, wiping away the stray tears on Bianca's red face.