SUMMER

Maya's POV :

Summer was going fast and as Carina and I took a lot of days off when we first welcomed Bianca to our home, we couldn't take vacation days. But we wanted to show our little girl that we were here for her and that she could have fun even when we were at work, so for the whole duration of her vacations, she had a lot off sleepovers at Meredith's, she spent so many time eating ice cream with Zola and Sofia and we managed to take Bianca to the ocean again, few times. We went to the cinema, to the restaurant, Andy brought her to the ferry boats every time time she had some time, and she even developed a cute link with Allison, who was still a little baby.

 We went to the cinema, to the restaurant, Andy brought her to the ferry boats every time time she had some time, and she even developed a cute link with Allison, who was still a little baby

"You see mommy, she is so cute. Her pink little cheeks, look at that !" Said Bianca, showing pictures of Allison she took with her phone.

"I see that my love." I giggled at her enthusiasm.

Few minutes later I received a message from Carina, saying she had a call with Zola's school and they agreed to take Bianca in for next year.

"Baby girl ? I need to talk to you about something."

"She turned her head towards me and I could feel the anxiety building up in her small body. Bianca didn't like the big talks, especially when it was about her or she had to share her emotions.

"Zola's school called mamma and they took a look at your file and accepted you in the school. They even said your could be in Zola's class, only in physical education though, as you aren't in the same grade."

"Really ?" She asked in disbelief.

"Really my sweet girl."

She fell into my arms and hugged me tight

"I'm happy you're happy my love." I smiled but suddenly I felt my shirt getting wet. I looked down at my daughter and noticed she was silently crying.

"Oh what it is honey ??" I asked, pulling away from the hug to take a proper look at her.

"I- I'm scared I'll disappoint you once I'm back at school." She stuttered.

"Why that ?"

"I'm not v- very good. I fail a lot of c- classes and- and nobody liked me in my previous school so I kept ru- running away." She confessed, falling again in my embrace.

"Oh Bianca..." I sighed, remembering she told me that the first day I met her.

"Maybe it will be all different in this school ? And you already have Zola and Sofia who you know, and you're great friends, aren't you ?" I tried to comfort.

"I- I had great friends un- until they decided to hate me." She sobbed, soaking my shirt.

I sighed again, not knowing what to say. So I just squeezed her tighter in my arms and told her to get it all out.

She cried for at least twenty minutes until she had no more tears in her body. And that's when Carina came home.

"Ciao my loves !" She yelled, taking off her shoes. She made her way to the living room and saw us.

"What's happening here ?" She questioned sitting next to me and our daughter on my lap.

"We had a little complicated moment when we talked about school. But we're better now."

"Well, I have some good news for you both." She cheered, a spark in her eyes.

Bianca lifted her head questioningly

"Tell us !" I hurried.

"Some friend or a friend of Teddy agreed to lend us her little house in front of the beach in California." My wife said in one breathe, she was very excited.

"What ?!" I asked.

"We were talking and I suddenly thought it would be good to have a little vacations to relax before Bianca goes back to school !" She grinned. "We can have it for a week but I told her we couldn't take too much days off so we figured out we could go for three days."

Bianca was now carefully listening to Carina and my lover noticed it.

"Are you happy bambina ?"

"In front of the beach ? Of the ocean ?" She resumed and my wife nodded eagerly.

"Oh my god mamma !" She screamed and jumped on Carina's lap.