SURPRISE

Bianca's POV :

I woke up still cuddling to my foster mothers. Maya was scrolling on her phone and Carina was snoring quietly. I stayed, my eyes closed for few minutes until I heard Maya speaking. "I know you're awake baby."

"Mmmmh." I answered, slowly opening my eyes and looking at her.

"Did you sleep well ?" She asked me.

"Yeah. I felt warm between you two. And you ?"

"I felt the same sweetie. Are you hungry ?"

I nodded and we softly stood up, careful not to wake up the brunette.

Maya's POV :

I poured some cereals in two bowls and handed one to Bianca. We made our way to the living room and sat on the couch under a blanket.

We ate our breakfast in a comfortable silence before my phone began to ring.

"Hello this is Captain Maya Bishop."

"Hello Miss, this is the funeral parlor. Are you the legal guardian of Bianca Accardi ?"

"Yes I am, with my wife." I answered, already knowing why they were calling me.

"The funerals of Bianca's parents are on Tuesday. Everything is taking care of by some old friends of them, but I wanted to let you know, for their daughter."

"Yes, thank you." I sighed. "I'll talk to her."

I hang up and walked back to the couch. Bianca must have noticed the change in the atmosphere. The silence was no longer comfortable and I was very fidgety.

"Is everything okay Maya ?" She nicely asked me.

"I... I need to tell you something." I started but soon realized I just stressed her more not saying right away what was happening. "The call I just received was from the funeral parlor. Your parents funerals are in two days. Their old friends took care of everything, that means you don't have to do anything. You don't even have to go if you don't want to. It's your choice." I finished, raising my eyes to meet Bianca's sad ones. "Sweetie, how are you feeling ? I know it's a lot."

"I- I don't know." She only answered before totally breaking down and crying her eyes out.

Carina was alarmed by the noise and appeared behind us. When she met my glare, I shook my head to make her understand not to say anything. She nodded and just carried on her routine, sometimes checking if Bianca was calmer.

It took nearly twenty minutes for the young girl to stop crying and breathe properly. The sobs had diminished but few tears were still making their way down her cheeks. As we were hugging the whole time, I pulled away and looked at her.

"Feeling better ?" I questioned.

"Yes." She replied, wiping her tears with the back of her sleeves.

Carina arrived at the same time and sat on the other side of Bianca.

"I get you had a rough morning ? What about I give you the best cuddle and then we can enjoy our day together. I have a surprise, for you both." My wife winked.

"A surprise ?" I asked, I didn't know what she was talking about.

"You'll see. Now come here." She added, taking a hold of Bianca and placing her gently on her lap. They cuddled for thirty more minutes until it was time to get ready for the day.

"What do we need to wear for your surprise ?" I asked my lover. I wasn't very fond of surprises but I knew Carina loved them, especially when she was the one in the secret.

"Just something casual. I'll take a backpack with some snacks and a water bottle. We're leaving in ten minutes girls !" She screamed from the kitchen.