ITALIAN

Bianca's POV :

Maya helped me pack my stuff, but it was quick as I hadn't anything. We made our way downstairs, with the lift because Maya insisted that she didn't want me to do exercise and end up more tired than I already was. I think the whole illness's explanation really stressed her out, but I didn't said anything, I was so grateful these two women were helping me, they really didn't have to.

Once we arrived at the ground floor, we sat on a couch at the reception, waiting for Carina to sign the discharge papers. I must have zoned off because few seconds later, she was right in front of me.

"We're good to go bambina." She cheered. I smiled back at her even if a was getting a bit tired.

They led me to a car and I sat a the back while Maya was driving and Carina in the passenger sit. I could feel Maya's eyes on me through the rear-view mirror the whole ride but it was hard not to close my eyes, as the car was soothing me a lot.

We soon stopped in front of a good-looking building and Carina helped me out of the car. Fortunately, their was an elevator here as well, so we went in it and in no time we were standing in front of a big door while Maya was looking for her keys. We she opened the front door, I was met with a big apartment. It was beautiful, all decorated, and the kitchen was huge. I tried to take it all in but it was a lot, and Carina probably noticed it because she asked me if I wanted to lie down before dinner. I gratefully nodded and she led me to a room, explaining that it was the guest room, but we could decorate it later with what I liked.

She insisted to help me lay on the bed, and tucked me under the covers. Before leaving, she kissed my forehead and turned on a little lamp on the nightstand. I closed my eyes when I heard the door closing.

Maya's POV :

Carina came back from Bianca's new room as I was sitting on a stool at the kitchen island.

"You're okay bella ?" She asked me as I was zoning.

"Yeah. I'm so okay." I answered her with lust in my eyes.

"We finally have a child." Carina repeated what I've had said at the hospital. "And an italian one on top of that." She added, and I raised my eyes.

"I know it meant a lot to you to share that with Bianca, but do you know if she ever went to Italy, or if she really have Italian origins ?" I questioned my wife.

"Based on her name, she seems very Italian to me. Bianca, Fiore, Accardi. What an Italian full name ! And based of her file, she was born in Palermo, in Sicilia. Her dad was Italian, he was called Alessandro Accardi. And her mom was American, her name was Sydney Davis. So we know that Bianca is half American, half Italian."

"And it's important to you." I understood.

"Yes it is. I know she's only our foster daughter. But she's the first child we welcome in our home, and she's perfect. Add to that the way you feel about her, and her Italian origins... It feels like she was destined to be our girl." Carina finished, wiping a tear.

"Oh my love." I said, leaning to hug her.

As we were cuddling each other, we heard soft cries coming from the guest room, now Bianca's bedroom.

"I'll go check on her." Carina stated, standing straight and making her way to our new daughter.

"I'm coming with you." I stood as well.

When we entered Bianca's bedroom, she wasn't under the covers anymore. She was sitting against the headboard, but as it was dark in the room, we couldn't determine what was wrong.

Carina turned on the light and we discovered the sweet girl holding her stomach, obviously in pain.