MEET

TW : Eating-Disorder

--

Maya's POV :

I raised my head and lifted my eyes to look at wife. Was it my imagination playing tricks or did our foster daughter, the girl we wanted to adopt just called us her moms ? Carina softly nodded showing me I really heard what I thought I've heard.

"Okay sweetie, it's okay we'll help you." Carina said before turning towards Dr Robbins. "Arizona, I think she needs it... She needs the tube." She stated as quietly as she could because she didn't want to alarm the teenager.

I agreed with her and Dr Robbins nodded, leaving the room for a second to ask something to the previous doctor, named Lexie.

Bianca kept crying silently in our arms. She was exhausted and distressed. I didn't know what to do to make her feel better so I just tighter my hold on her and she melted in the hug for the first time since a long time.

Dr Robbins came back with Lexie and another doctor I already knew, Dr Grey, Meredith.

"Hi captain." She said in my direction.

"Hey Meredith." I replied, as she gave me a sad smile.

"And who is this sweet little lady ?" She then asked looking at the hospital bed. I followed her gaze and looked at my foster daughter. Bianca was white in a sick way, she was skin and bones and the gown wasn't hiding that at all. I helped her under the covers as she looked at Meredith.

"I- I'm Bianca." She whispered and wiped her tears, not wanting to cry in front of more strangers today.

"Nice to meet you Bianca. I'm Meredith, I heard a lot about you. I'm Carina's friend." She smiled nicely, and talked again. "And Dr Robbins called for me because I may have children near your age and we, between doctors, really love when our kids are getting along well." She ended. I've met Zola few times as she's always walking around the hospital. But I also met Bailey and Ellis, they're very cute and full of life.

Bianca sweetly grinned but lost her smile when Arizona approached with a scary tube in her hands.

"This is a nasogatric tube. It'll give you all the nutrients you need to grow strong and beautiful."

"No, Carina said-" The little girl started but I cut her.

"Carina said scary things to make you eat the food of the tray." I started and my wife completed. "It doesn't hurt bambina. It won't be an enjoyable feeling but it'll last few seconds. You just have to be brave for few seconds. You think you can do that ?" She then asked, making it look like the little girl had the choice.

 You think you can do that ?" She then asked, making it look like the little girl had the choice

Bianca hesitantly nodded and Arizona came closer. She instructed her to lay on the bed with pillows behind her back. Just after that she gave her a glass of water with a straw in it and explained that she had to drink little sips when the tube will be making its way down her throat.

Bianca seemed scared but she had a good grip on one of my hand, and the same with Carina. Meredith sat on the end of the bed and started stroking Bianca's leg, talking about her children.

"So my youngest in Ellis, she's a toddler but like acting as a grown up. She is very sweet, everyone loves her, and loves cupping her baby cheeks."

"We'll get started." Interrupted Arizona as she was ready to insert the tube in Bianca's nose. 

The teenager gulped and tried to disappear into the pillow

The teenager gulped and tried to disappear into the pillow. I sat closer to her and put my arm around her waist. "Come on baby, you can do it."

Meredith resumed. "But I think you would really get along with my oldest, Zola. She's near your age and really loves being here, at the hospital. Not to get treated but to spend time learning things and observing the doctors, she's a very curious and passionate girl, and I heard you're the same." 

Dr Robbins placed the end of the tube in her left nostril and ordered Bianca to drink the water

Dr Robbins placed the end of the tube in her left nostril and ordered Bianca to drink the water. She did so for five seconds until she started coughing.

"It's okay bellina, keep breathing and sipping the water." Commanded Carina but Bianca wasn't having any of it.

"No- No ! It hurts, it burns !" She yelled and started fussing.

"We don't want you to get hurt Bianca, stay calm for me please." Asked Arizona, trying to keep doing her job but Bianca suddenly dropped the glass of water and pulled out the tube.