DETENTION

TW : Yelling, Panic Attack

--

Carina's POV :

Even a week after we set some rules for Bianca, she was still misbehaving. But less at home, more at school. She already got detention two times. Once for not submitting a work and the other for talking back many times.

She didn't know Maya and I knew, because it's the headmaster who called us, explaining they accepted Bianca with extraordinary measures in the school but she was making everything hard to keep her there, and her behavior was bad.

This evening we all came back home, Bianca and Celeste stayed at day care until my shift ended. I ordered my oldest to go take a shower before diner, as I gave a bath to Celeste.

I took the opportunity to check on her scars from the surgery, because she didn't have any other follow up planned at the hospital.

"Lift your arms bambina."

The little girl did so and I checked her ribs, her stomach, her thighs and everything looked good.

"Does it hurt somewhere ?"

She shook her head.

"Not very talkative tonight sweetheart ?"

Again, she shook and head and looked down. I started getting worried, Celeste was usually a happy child, and she loved taking baths, but this time she was silent and sheepish.

"Talk to me bébé (baby)."

"Pru."

"Pru ?"

"She not want play hide and seek with me."

"Ooooh, why that ?" I asked, raising a brow.

"I no want to shawe doll, so Pru no want play hide and seek with me

"I no want to shawe doll, so Pru no want play hide and seek with me..." Celeste said tearing up a little.

"Well, tomorrow you'll apologize for not sharing the doll with Pru and you'll ask her nicely if she wants to play with you. If she doesn't it's okay, just ask her later."

The small girl nodded and wiped the single tear that escaped her eye. Soon the bath was too cold so I enveloped her in her colorful fluffy towel, I dried and brushed her hair and put some clean pajamas on her frail body, after bandaging back her scars.

When I walked back in the kitchen, Bianca was still in her room so Maya and I decided that during diner, we were going to talk to her about her behavior.

"Diner's ready !" My wife yelled ans Bianca appeared, with her phone between her hands.

"No phone at diner, and after." I said stretching my arm in her direction, and she deposed it reluctantly in my hand, sighing.

Once we were all sitting, Maya started talking. "We had a call today, from your headmaster," Bianca stopped moving, her hand holding the spoon in the soup. "He said you already got two detentions. And your behavior is not better." She ended, sounding strict.

"Do you have something to say for your defense?" I asked, as firm as Maya

"I- I did nothing. My teachers are shitty."

"Language !" My wife corrected. "So your phone is confiscated tomorrow."

"What ?! No !!"

"You're not the one who decides Bianca !"

"That's so unfair !!!" She screamed and left the diner table.

"BIANCA !" Maya screamed behind her, following her to the teen's bedroom. I put my head in my hands but suddenly I heard a little whimper followed by a sob and when I raised my head, I saw Celeste struggling to breathe. Her right hand was over her chest and her left was around her throat. She was gasping for air, staring at me like a deer in the headlights.

"Celeste ! Bambina hey hey it's okay !" I said making my way to her. I lifted her skinny body and sat her on my lap, facing me. "Take some deep breathes for me. Come on sweetie. Breathe."

I took her hands off of her body and put them on my chest

I took her hands off of her body and put them on my chest. "Feel my heartbeats, breathe with me, in... and out... and again.."

After few minutes, Maya appeared with a sheepish Bianca behind her. When she spotted us, she frowned and crouched next to us. "Celeste what happened ?"

Her body was resting against mine and her face was turning in Maya's direction.

"Loud. Scream. Celeste no like." She cried softly in my arms.

"I'm sorry Celeste. And Bianca is too. We shouldn't have yelled." She motioned for my oldest to apologize too.

"Sorry Celeste. I won't do it again, I promise."

"No hit. No scream. Please." She whimpered quietly.

"Oh my love." I added and squeezed her tightly in my arms.

"Let's finish eating and we'll all have an early night." My wife stated and clapped into her hands once, but the little girl flinched.

"No... loud..." Celeste breathed deeply, closing her eyes.

My lover shot me a sad glare and sat at the counter, Bianca did the same and I fed yogurt to Celeste until she was motionless in my arms, obviously sleeping.