REVEAL

TW : Mention of death, Disordered-eating, POTS

--

Maya's POV :

Carina had to leave during the night to go help a mom delivering a baby. She managed to escape the room without waking Bianca up. But few hours later, the young girl started fussing in her sleep. She was shaking and I tried to reassure her.

"Shhhh Bianca it's okay. You're safe I'm here."

But as she wasn't calming down, I decided to wake her up as the sun was already rising.

"Open your eyes sweet girl. I'm here, I'm still holding you, look I didn't left." I whispered, rocking her a bit.

"Mmmmh... Maya ?" She asked still half-asleep.

"Yes Bianca it's me, it's Maya. Wake up sweetheart."

Her eyes slowly opened and when she realized where she was she nearly jumped of the bed.

"Shhhh it's okay." I said helping her back on the bed and making her lay. "We don't want you to hurt yourself more, right ?"

Bianca slightly nodded. We stayed for few minutes in a comfortable silence until a nurse came with the breakfast. When she knocked on the door, Bianca flinched a bit, so I took her hand in mine. The nurse set the food tray in front of the young girl and smiled at me before leaving the room.

"Let's take a look at what we have here." I said enthusiastically, but Bianca looked way less excited. "You can have slices of bread with butter and jam, or a fruits salad. Oh look, they even put hot chocolate !"

"I- uuuuuuh... I don't-" Mumbled the little girl, looking at her lap.

I sighed. "I know it doesn't look very appetizing but can you try to eat something ?" I tried, knowing she didn't have the opportunity to eat yesterday night at dinner because she arrived late at the hospital and the tests took time plus all her energy.

"I'm not hungry." She said quietly, almost inaudible. But I really needed her to eat before breaking the news about her parents. She needed to be settle, at least her stomach.

"Here." I murmured, bringing a piece of apple to her mouth. She raised her eyes to meet mine and I comfortably smiled, so she opened her mouth, allowing me to put the food in it.

"Good girl." I praised.

We repeated that for five or so mouthfuls until there was a knock on the door and before I had the chance to answer it, Carina entered.

"Ciao bellinas." She had her usual smile, the warm one, which can make anyone smile back at her. At that's what Bianca did.

"How did you slept bambina ?" She questioned both Bianca and I.

"Fine I guess." The teenager simply replied.

"We had a good night of sleep, with just a little agitation this morning but we're all good." I completed.

"I'm glad to hear that because Bianca, we only need to run some tests today and if they come back okay, you're free to go." She said happily, but I immediately saw Bianca's face becoming pale.

"G- go ?" She stuttered.

"You no longer need to stay in the hospital. Your ribs are going to get fixed by themselves and for your cut, it'll heal. You just need to get it checked by a doctor." Carina answered, not acknowledging why Bianca was suddenly so stressed.

"So I go home ?" She murmured.

Carina's face quickly changed as she understand what the girl implied.

"Go home with my parents ?" Bianca added.

I took a deep breathe and took Bianca's hand in mine again, giving it a light squeeze before starting.

"Bianca, what I'm going to tell you is very hard." She stared at me with panicked eyes. "Your mom and dad they... Well they didn't survived the storm. They were more injured than you so it was much more difficult to treat them and they didn't make it."

"You mean they... they are dead ?" Bianca confirmed, not believing me at first.

"Yes sweetie. I'm so sorry. Your parents won't come back." I turned my head to look at my wife who had tears in her eyes. Then I turned back to Bianca and she really looked very pale now.

"Bianca you're okay ?" I asked, knowing she wouldn't be with what I just told her. But abruptly she started seizing and fell on me.