SHOCK

TW : Blood

--

Maya's POV :

"Hughes put the saw down and come help me !" I screamed while my hands were pressing on Bianca's belly. Vic was standing motionless, staring at us.

"Hughes ! VIC !" I screamed again. "Vic you have to keep it together and help me !" I yelled as thunderclaps were covering my voice. I saw Vic blink and she put the saw down before rushing to the aid car. She took a deep breathe and asked Travis and Andy to join us with medical supplies.

"Oh my god ! What happened ?" Asked Andy, crouching next to Bianca.

"I- I don't know she was moving an- and suddenly it cut her I-" Vic was still shocked, so I decided to take the lead.

"Hughes was cutting the branches with the saw when Bianca started to fuss and that's when the saw's blade cut her. It's absolutely no one's fault. Hughes you hear me ? It's not your fault okay ? Now we need to help her." I explicated.

"Since when is she unconscious ?" Asked Travis.

"She passed out a few seconds after the accident with the saw." Vic responded, regaining her strength, which I was glad of because I couldn't work if my team was shaken up but some incidents.

Andy replaced my hands with hers while Travis was putting gazes in her stomach to stop the bleeding.

"Captain, we've got it. You can go check on the others." Vic told me, and that's when I realized I've been holding Bianca's hand while watching the other firefighters work. I was doing nothing, just staring at this young girl, and I don't know why, but it's the first time my heart really ached for a patient.

"Captain ?" Asked Vic.

"Ummm yeah. Fill me in if they're any changes before you transport her to Grey-Sloan." I stated, slowly releasing Bianca's hand and standing up. I took a deep breathe to try and make the weight on chest go away.

I walked to the rest of my team, and asked Warren for some news on the other victims.

"We still don't know where the girl's parents are but all the other victims are taken care of with no major injuries." I nodded and was ready to walk away when he took a hold of my arm. "How is the teen ?" He demanded me.

"Uuuh, they're still working on her. There was a- an incident with the saw so she- she has a pretty big cut on her stomach and... and they'll soon drive her to the hospital."

Ben frowned.

"Are you okay captain ?"

"I- yes I am. Thanks for the report. You're dismissed." I said walking to my truck without looking back. Talking about Bianca like she was any other patient made me feel very bad because she wasn't. I don't know what was happening to me but I didn't want the others to send her to the hospital and never hear about her again. I wanted to know if she was going to be fine, I wanted to know if she was going to be reunited with her parents... I wanted to know what was her future and I didn't want her to be left alone. She told me when she was still conscious that she was scared, so what is going to happen when she will wake up all by herself in a hospital room surrounded by strangers ?

I sat in the aid car and put my face in my hands. 'Maya, since when do you care that much for the civilians ? Since when do you heart aches for a child ?' I asked myself. As I didn't have the answers, I decided to call my wife and ask her if she could keep an eye on Bianca when she would arrive to Grey-Sloan.

"Hi bella, is everything okay ? I'm stuck to the pit because a lot of people were hurt during the storm. You're okay ?" Carina asked again, noticing a different mood on my face.

"I- I don't know Carina... We had a big call, few persons were injured because of the storm too, and this girl... She's so young Carina and all alone I- I can't I- I don't know what to do-"

"Hey hey, deep breathe bella, Maya look at me, no eyes forward, deep breathe. Just like that. You're okay."

I smiled at my wife, she was so good at dealing with this kind of situations.

"You know what ? I'll wait in the ER until this young girl arrives and I'll take care of her myself if it can make you feel better."

"Thank you my love." I whispered, wiping the tears that were threatening to fall of my eyes.

"What's her name ?"

"Bianca."

I saw Carina's face lit up. "Bianca." She repeated. "Italian name. I'll take care of her bellina, I promise." And she hang up, sending me a kiss.

--

Author's Note :

A longer chapter here, hope you like it ! Give me your opinions ;)