SCAN

Maya's POV :

Celeste just called us mamma and mommy. She must have heard Bianca say it, but it was the first time she did it, not to us and she even thought we couldn't hear her but she still said it.

Carina smiled to me and I blushed. Being a mom was really the best feeling in the world, my heart was pounding in my chest and I would have stayed in my daydream if Celeste wasn't repeating my name.

"Maya. Maya ! Maaayaaa !" She was handing me her doll.

"Sorry baby. Let's take photos of your pretty doll." I chuckled.

After showing Celeste how the scan worked on her doll, her cried had diminished so she agreed to do it like a big girl.

It only took few seconds for the images to appear on the screen and even if I wasn't a doctor, I saw it wasn't good. When I looked at my wife, I noticed her concerned expression.

 When I looked at my wife, I noticed her concerned expression

"What is it ?" I asked anxiously.

"Celeste has active bleeds in different places. The biggest one is near her lung so we'll need to operate as soon as possible before it causes irreversible damages." Dr Robbins replied sternly.

We got our girl out of the scan and she made grabby hands for me to hold her but I was scared to hurt her with her injuries.

"Maya..." She whimpered for me.

"I- I-"

"It's okay Maya. You can pick her up. Don't squeeze her too tight tho." Advised my wife. I lifted my little girl on my hip and carried her around in order to calm her down. I thought a nap would be great after all the emotions of this morning.

I swayed her and rocked her until I felt her limp on my arms. "Good girl my love." I praised and placed her down on the gurney, which Arizona rolled in a new room.

We then left the room to know what was going to happen.

"So I'll get her admitted and I'll analyze her scans and results with my colleagues to see how we're gonna proceed but I think we'll operate her tomorrow morning, she needs to have an empty stomach for the surgery. We'll drain the bigger bleeds and repair what we need to repair. But after all she'll be fine, I promise." Arizona ended.

I sighed both in relief and in worry

I sighed both in relief and in worry. Poor little soul, going through a surgery at her little age and after everything that happened. I hoped she would recover fast.

Carina went to check on her patients while Celeste was sleeping and I went to monitor my baby girl. I sat next to her on an armchair and just stared at her. She looked so peaceful in her sleep, if she wasn't so skinny and wounded, you would think she had the perfect little life.

I also napped a little because I was so stressed of bringing her to the hospital, I had a very short night. When I reopened my eyes, my wife was sitting at the end of Celeste's bed, reading some work stuff on her tablet.

"Hi." I whispered.

"Hi bella. I didn't want to wake you up but Arizona said she needs to talk to us. It is about Celeste."

I sat up immediately. "Is everything okay ? Is it about the surgery ??"

 "Is everything okay ? Is it about the surgery ??"

"No, no don't worry, and don't wake the bambina." Carina mentioned to the still sleeping little girl. "It's more about her past. She found a file about her and wants us to take a look." She completed.

"It's what you're reading right now ?"

"No, I waited for you. But I can't wait any longer." She added and clicked on some things on her tablet. She then sat on the sofa and I joined her.

We started reading her hospital file, and we were not ready for what we saw.