NAPPING

Maya's POV :

I helped Carina clean the lunch table and Bianca helped Celeste down the chair.

"Now I can show you your room if you want." She suggested nicely, I was so proud of my teenager.

Celeste didn't answered but followed Bianca through the house.

"I'm happy Bianca is trying to help us." I stated.

"I think she wants Celeste to completely be her sister, and for now she doesn't really seem to like it there."

"I think we need to let her time to process

"I think we need to let her time to process."

"I agree." My wife responded. "But if she doesn't opened up soon, especially if she doesn't eat, I would like to take her to the hospital. Just to make sure everything is fine."

I turned to face her. "Are you sure that's a good idea ? She already doesn't feel comfortable with us, I don't think she'll be fine around all the doctors at the hospital."

"We'll see how she progresses."

I kissed Carina and went to check on the girls. When I entered the room, I discovered a distressed little girl, and a guilty-faced teenager.

"What happened ??" I urged, running to Celeste who was crying silently.

"I don't know, I just showed her around the house to her room when she started crying. I did nothing mom I swear."

"I believe you honey. She must be very sensible after everything. Hey Celeste, it's okay. Look what we chose for you." I said showing her a teddy bear. "It's for you."

She wiped her tears and looked at me, for the first time. "You look tired sweetheart. Do you want to take a quick nap ?"

She shook her head.

"You can lay down, if you want I can read you a story but you don't have to sleep. You can just lay down." I proposed and she nodded. I was happy she was starting to communicate, even if I didn't hear her voice yet.

"Bianca, do you want to stay with us ? You can even lend us a book about ocean."

My older daughter nodded and went to her room, only to come back a second later with one of her favorite book

My older daughter nodded and went to her room, only to come back a second later with one of her favorite book. It wasn't very hard to understand and had a lot of colors.

"Good choice my love. Look Celeste, I'm going to sit here," I said pointing to the edge of the bed. "and you can lay on the other side, so that you still can see the images. Bianca, where do you want to sit baby ?"

Bianca made her way next to me and rested her head on my stomach. I helped Celeste on the bed and gently put a cover on her little body. Then, I started to read to story. Bianca was listening carefully, even if it was probably the thousand times she was reading it, and Celeste's eyes closed slowly.

She tried to fight the slumber but she must be very tired because a couple of minutes later, she was fast asleep.

"Let's give her some space." I murmured to Bianca and we stepped out of the room. We made our way downstairs and joined Carina on the couch.

Bianca's POV :

"How is the bambina ?"

"In a deep sleep, I think she really loved the ocean's book !"

Mamma laughed and opened her arms. "Come here bella." I sat next to her and she guided my head to her lap. "Do you know how much I love you Bianca ?"

 "Do you know how much I love you Bianca ?"

"Mmmmmh." I answered sleepily.

"You can also nap my sweet girl. You're still our baby." Mommy added, stroking my back. I fell asleep and woke up hours later. Mamma was watching tv and mommy just came back from a run. What woke me up was heartbreaking cries.

Mamma quickly stoop up and I remained by myself on the couch, while mommy and mamma ran upstairs.