DROWNING

Carina's POV :

The last day of our vacations, Maya and I decided to let Bianca chose what she wanted to do. It was gonna be her day, because in two days, she would have to come back to school and we knew how stressful that was for her.

"So I made a list." Urged Bianca, running to us with a piece of paper.

I looked at it.

'Snorkeling, tanning, play in the water, make sandcastles, nap between moms, eat a Popsicle...'

"Well, if we want to do all of that we have to start now !" Stated my wife, staring at the list above my shoulder.

Bianca was super excited so immediately after breakfast we all went to do sandcastles. We were soon covered in sand so we ran to the ocean to rinse our bodies in the water. Bianca started splashing my lover and I went to swim a little.

When I came back, my girls were walking back to the towels, laying on it and enjoying the warm sun

When I came back, my girls were walking back to the towels, laying on it and enjoying the warm sun. So I took our lunch and transformed it into a picnic. We ate talking about the favorite moments of our small trip and I noticed Bianca yawning.

"Come on bambina, lay on mamma." I said to her and she did so. Five minutes later, she was out like a light.

I stroke her hair and made small talks with my wife. Our daughter woke up an hour later, immediately asking to go snorkeling with the both of us. As the beach was very quiet, we were able to let our things laying on our towels.

I grabbed the masks and snorkels and we jumped in the water. I followed the girls who showed me the coral reef, with its gorgeous colors. Suddenly, Bianca nearly screamed underwater, she swam deep and came back holding a sea star. We joined each other on the surface.

"Moms ! Look, she's the same as at the aquarium !"

"Yes baby, she's even bigger, and look how red she is." Maya added.

We spent a very great time snorkeling, and we were all becoming more comfortable in the water. At some point, I turned around and I realized I wasn't able to see my daughter anymore. I quickly swam to Maya and pointed to the surface. We met there and she saw my worried face.

"Where is Bianca ??" I asked.

"I thought she was with you !" Answered my wife, beginning to get as panicked as I was.

"I thought she was still where she found the sea star !" I said genuinely.

"Oh God;" Maya put her hand on her mouth.

"Okay, okay we need to stay calm. Uh... Go dive next to the coral reef and I'll stay at the surface calling for her." I bargained. My lover nodded and left.

"Bianca ! BIANCA !!" I screamed for long minutes before noticing something floating on the water, next to the rocks. I front crawled as rapidly as I could and the closer I was getting, the better I could recognized my little girl, head in the water, her back exposed to the burning sun.

Speechless, I took her in my embrace and turned her over. That's when I noticed that she was motionless, and unconscious.

I decided to bring her to the beach and on my way, I bumped into Maya.

"Maya she's unconscious, I don't know if she's breathing. Help me please."

Maya's POV :

I was swimming trying to find my baby girl when I saw my wife holding her trying to get her to the beach, Bianca being clearly in a bad shape.

I put on my first responder mind, trying to ignore that it was my daughter. I took her from Carina's arms and brought her to the beach, quickly laying her down on the sand. I checked her pulse and it was weak, but still present.

"Babe, go take your medical stuff. I'm gonna do CPR." I told my wife, starting to press on the frail girl's chest.

"Come on Bianca, come on. Come back to me." I murmured as I kept applying regular pressures on her.

Few minutes later, Carina came back, eyes filled with tears. I looked at her for a second and realized that our family was nothing without Bianca. She was the part that filled the empty space of wanting to have a children but not succeeding. My mind was racing, I stared at the little motionless girl in front of me and without thinking more, my fist hit her chest with so much strength, I surprised even myself.

"Maya !" Yelled Carina at my sudden violent move, but her eyes fell on Bianca when she saw the teenager starting coughing.

"Hey, hey it's okay baby. Keep coughing, good."

I helped her lean over and hit gently her back to help the water makes its way out of her lungs.

"Good my love, you're doing great." I praised as the little girl finally started to calm down. Her eyes were still closed, probably from the shock and the fear.

"Open your beautiful eyes little one. Look at mommy, you're alright now."

Bianca slowly opened her eyelids and looked at me, her eyes full of panic.

"I- I felt dizzy b- but I di-didn't want to go out s- so I stayed in the w- water" She coughed again a little. "I- I think I had an ep- episode and I drowned...." She cried.

"It explains a lot of things lovely. Now you're fine, but you scared us." I didn't want to warn her on the fact that her health was the most important thing right now, so I said nothing more. I helped her up and looked at my wife for some help, but when my eyes landed on Carina, tears were pouring from her eyes, and she seemed in shock, worst than our daughter.