AWARDS

Carina's POV :

I joined Celeste in the changing room where she was anxiously sitting with her team. Frankie started talking to reassure the girls. "You all did very well. I'm proud of you no matter the result." But suddenly someone knocked on the door.

"The judging panel is ready, time for the awards." A guy said and the girls all walked to the stage as I came back to the audience to see Bianca's head resting on Maya's lap.

"How is she ?"

"She's okay, just extremely tired."

I gave my wife the look saying 'I told you'.

But I quickly turned my attention to the stage where all the dancers were sitting, waiting for the big announcement of the winners

They started with the little groups and slowly went up. But Celeste's group never got called. I was getting worried, thinking she wasn't going to have a trophy. She did very well, just like the other dancers in her group, and even if I didn't know a lot about dance, I thought they deserved a price.

The jury kept giving awards until they left a lot of suspense for the overall winner, and after a minute of waiting, to my biggest joy, they announced Celeste's group dance.

I stood up and cheered, I was so happy for my daughter and so proud of her. Even Bianca clapped excitedly for her sister.

We let the group celebrate and waited for them outside the building. After a few minutes Celeste and her friends all appeared, running toward their parents. My baby ran to me and jumped in my arms.

"We win mamma !! Trophy !!"

"I saw that bambina ! I'm so proud you were so good you did so great !"

"Trophy !" She repeated screaming and pointing to the trophy one of the girl was showing to her parents.

I squeezed her tightly and before leaving we took a photo of the little dancers with Frankie and the big trophy. Celeste was able to hold it and we took pictures of her jumping with the trophy in her hands.

To celebrate the big win, the whole dance studio went to the restaurant and we followed them, trying to socialize with the other parents.

"Is your daughter the smallest one ?" Asked another mom.

"Yes, she's Celeste." Maya answered, while stroking Bianca's hair as our oldest was sitting next to her, her head resting on her mommy's shoulder.

" Maya answered, while stroking Bianca's hair as our oldest was sitting next to her, her head resting on her mommy's shoulder

"She's so good ! I've never seen this level in a girl that little."

I smiled and thanked her. We kept having light conversations during dinner and the little dancers were getting weary.

Celeste walked to me with her eyes half closed and sat on my lap.

"You're tired pretty ballerina ?"

"Mmmmmh." She mumbled, putting her thumb in her mouth. I never noticed Celeste sucking on her thumb. I brushed it off and caressed the toddler's hair until she was sound asleep in my arms.

"I think someone had a great time today." Laughed Frankie pointing to Celeste.

"I think we should go. They're both exhausted." Maya stated, looking at Bianca who was also sleeping in her arms.

"Oh, one last thing." Added Frankie and stood up like us. We walked out of the restaurant and Maya carried Bianca to the car as I kept Celeste on my hip.

"A jury came to me and told me how impressed they all were by Celeste. He said she had great abilities and wanted to know if she was going to start dancing as a soloist. Do you think we can make that work ?"

I looked at her not knowing what to say. "I- Yes, maybe. I don't know, I'll have to talk about it with my wife and this little bebè. But thank you." I smiled and we said goodbyes.

I placed Bianca in her car seat and buckled her seat belt because she was sleeping peacefully

I placed Bianca in her car seat and buckled her seat belt because she was sleeping peacefully. She still had her makeup on, she was still in her costume and her hair was styled for the competition with hairspray so she really needed a shower when we came home.

Finally at home, Maya carried Bianca to her bedroom and asked me if I could check her vitals. I did so and I was grateful to see that my daughter was fine. Her results weren't perfect but she was way better than yesterday. I still gave her an injection with meds to help her body recover from the big episode she had, and I went to see what my wife was doing with my other girl.

I entered the bathroom and Maya was struggling with little Celeste who didn't want to take a bath.

"Come on baby, you were all sweaty after the routine, we need to get you all cleaned up." She explained but Celeste whined. She was exhausted.

I helped her take off her clothes and tried to lift her into the bath but she fought me.

"Noooo mamma no"

"Yes Celeste, you need to take off the makeup now. You're tired sweetie I know, so let me help you." I said calmly and she nodded reluctantly.

I washed her hair, cleaned her face from the glitters and the lipstick and soaped her small body. Her eyes were closing so I didn't make the bath last any longer and after drying her, I dressed her in comfy pajamas. I carried her to bed and tucked her under the cover.

When I stood up to leave her, she grabbed slightly the bottom of my shirt. "Mamma..." She whispered, her eyes half closed.

"I'm here bambina. You're gonna have a good night of sleep, you're gonna dance in dreamland. I love you and I'm so proud of you. Sweet dreams piccolina."