DENIAL

Bianca's POV :

Few days passed since we've been to the aquarium and I started to get so interested in the ocean subject. I was spending my days looking at documentaries about it, reading books about it and drawing fishes and other sea related things. But my favorite part was explaining everything I've learned about it to my fosters moms.

About that, the slip up of calling them mom didn't happened again since the last day so we all brushed it off.

Today was Tuesday, and it was my parents funerals. We didn't talk about it with Carina and Maya since the funeral parlor called. Maya just made sure I remembered it was today, by writing it on the calendar in the kitchen. She just noted 'homage day' and I found it so nice not to put something too abrupt.

I woke up with the smell of breakfast, and I immediately knew Carina was cooking french toasts. Well, honestly I didn't really woke up as I didn't really sleep. I still had problems with sleeping but I chose not to alarm Maya and Carina because I didn't want them to worry more about me. They were at home with me since the storm happened, but they needed to go back to work the next Monday. So it meant I still had six days with them, and I was grateful for it but I was also concerned. I didn't know how I was supposed to stay alone when they would be back at work, for long and exhausting shifts. I was scared they would've no time for me anymore. But I again, couldn't talk to them about it because I didn't want them to be angry at me for being too clingy.

So I brushed off all my worries and stepped out of my bed. I made my way quietly to the kitchen and Carina didn't notice me until she turned around and jumped a little.

"Oh bambina ! I didn't see you. Did you sleep well ?" She asked, looking into my eyes to discern if I was lying, so I looked down and answered.

"Y-yes I did." I lied. But she didn't have time to ask another question as Maya entered the room all sweaty and out of breathe.

"I had time to run for thirty minutes before the rain started chasing me !" She laughed, but I didn't.

I was scared of the rain. Well, not of the rain, more of the rain BEFORE the storm. I was scared of bad weather, lightning, thunder... I decided to say nothing and just ate my breakfast silently. It was so good, Carina was the best cook I've ever met and I was so thankful she was the one cooking almost every time.

After breakfast, I went back to my room and took a shower. Usually I would shower the evening because I found it relaxing, but now I needed to be relaxed as I was starting to get worked up. Today was the day I would bury my parents, and it was an unbearable idea so I've chosen to stay in denial until it arrived. And now I was two hours before seeing my parents for the last time of my life, so I clearly needed something to calm me down.

"Bianca ? Sweetie are you okay ?" I heard Maya asked through my bathroom's door.

"I- Yes I am. I'm nearly finished." I lied. I didn't realize it's been twenty minutes since I turned on the water. I was just sitting in the shower for the whole time, I didn't even started washing my hair. So I did it very quickly and got out of the shower.

When I walked out of the bathroom, Maya was sitting on my bed. It startled me a little but thankfully the towel was covering my frail, vulnerable and naked body.

"I'm sorry if I used too much water. I- I didn't realize I was there all this time, next time I'll-" I started to explain myself, knowing I wasn't the one paying the bills but the blond cut me.

"No need to apologize lovely girl. I'm not here to scold you, I just wanted to see how you were handling things."