DOLL

Carina' POV :

When Arizona talked about a game, Celeste eyes lit up through the tears.

"Dolls ?" She required.

"Yes, but only one of them. Chose wise." She grinned at my little girl.

"Dis one !" Celeste said, showing her favorite doll

"Okay, first we need to dress her in a new outfit. And you can even match her clothes."

Celeste seemed thrilled with this idea, so she let me dress her in a gown, and we put her doll in a little gown, specifically made for toys.

"Now do you think you can stand close to this wall, the straightest you can ? Your heels, your bottom and your head need to touch the wall." Instructed my fellow doctor and Celeste stood up, walked down the exam table and ran to the wall where Arizona measured her. She then weighed her and did other quick exams for the normal check up.

Just after that, she told me she had to talk to me about the plan but Maya didn't came back from her call yet and I couldn't let the little girl with Bianca, she needed an adult.

"Bianca, honey, can you see if mommy is still in the corridor ? We'll need her."

My daughter nodded and went out of the room

My daughter nodded and went out of the room. She came back a minute later saying Maya was in a serious conversation with her boss.

"Alright," Started Arizona. "Sofia is at day care right now, what about you join her Bianca ? Your mamma and I will stay with Celeste but we can't be too numerous around her for the next test."

Bianca nodded eagerly and ran to the day care. She texted me two minutes later saying she was with Sofia so I didn't have to be anxious about her.

"Now what ?" I said turning to the head of peads, still watching my injured little baby.

"Now I'll take her to do some scans to see if the bruises are active bleeds. In this case we'll have to operate, you know the drill Carina."

I sighed but I had to agree, otherwise it could be very dangerous for my youngest daughter.

I helped Arizona put up the sides of the gurney and made Celeste lay on it again.

"Going ?" She asked apprehensively.

"We're going to take photos of your body my love. But of the inside of it." I answered, thinking it was reassuring enough for her, but in fact, it wasn't.

" I answered, thinking it was reassuring enough for her, but in fact, it wasn't

"No ! Scawy ! No pictuwes inside !" She screamed and her eyes soaked again.

"It won't hurt honey, it's only a big casual camera, but it's magic, it can takes pictures of the inside of everything, even your doll." Arizona added to calm down the crying girl.

She kept sobbing until we reached the CT and I wiped her tears before talking. "Bambina, listen to me. I can't go with you. But I'll be on the other side of the room, there is a glass through which you can see me. I'm not going anywhere okay ? I'm just going to look at the photos with Arizona." I said as calmly as possible but Celeste eyes widen and she started sobbing even more.

"Noooo ! No no no stay ! Carina stay !" She cried her little heart out and it broke me but I knew we didn't have the choice and I also needed her to calm down because she had to stay still for the scan.

"Tell me what you need Celeste. Tell me how I can make things better."

"Staaay" She cried, almost jumping on me. "No go ! Celeste alowne, Celeste always alowne !"

"Oh picolina... You won't be alone, never."

"Never again." Added a voice behind me and I saw Maya, she was back from her phone call. She looked at me. "Do you think this pretty doll can go before Celeste to show that it doesn't hurt and it's very quick ? And Celeste can watch from the computers to see where we'll be standing." My wife suggested and it was a wonderful idea. I was so thankful she was there with me.

 I was so thankful she was there with me

"Of course." I agreed and still crying, our daughter handed us her doll. But before I took it in my hands, she murmured something to the toy's ear, just above a whisper. If we didn't pricked up our ears, we wouldn't have hear it.

"No scawy. Trwust mamma and mommy."