TIME

Maya's POV :

Bianca stayed at the hospital for a month. Both Carina and I started working again but she never stayed alone. Even when because of emergencies we both couldn't be here, Meredith or one of her doctors would stay with her. She was very loved by everyone in the hospital and at the station. Andy and Vic were often at the hospital as well, checking on her.

At first the little girl was very shy with our friends but she soon realized that Meredith, Amelia, Teddy, Arizona and the other doctors all had children, and they were talking about them all the time so the teenager couldn't wait to meet them. And for my friends, Andy, Vic, Travis and the others, Bianca noticed immediately that they all were big children with who she could play or share secrets.

She was doing way better. The tube helped her a lot and even if she still had it, she was now able to eat real food by herself and it made Carina and I so proud. We really felt like moms when their child take their first steps.

Today was the day the teenager was going to be discharged and Arizona needed to sign the discharge papers so she came to see us before we left.

"Well, I'm going to remove your tube, and not replace it this time." She smiled to Bianca putting on white surgical gloves. "Then I'll make sure you have all your appointments ready, both with me, with the psychiatrist and the therapist of the hospital, and then you're free to go enjoy your young life."

I grinned at my foster daughter who sent me the same expression.

As Arizona was starting to pull out the tube from Bianca's stomach, Carina made an entrance in the room, still in her scrubs

"Sorry !" She said out of breathe, making her way to Bianca. "I just finished my surgery. A beautiful set of twins !"

We all smiled and she stood next to the young girl who was herself getting impatient, she wanted the tube out, even if it helped her the last few weeks. Carina took of her mask and blinked at Bianca.

"Wait" She whispered just before Arizona had the chance to take it out. "What if... What if I'm not able to completely feed myself without it ? What if I can't eat again and- and-" But I cut her off.

"Look at me my love. You'll be okay, you're so strong. And you're not alone, Carina and I will be here, always."

"Thank you mo- Maya." She corrected herself, blushing at the name she barely gave me.

Since she was admitted in peads, she saw a lot of children, accompanied by their parents so she was very confronted by families, all day long, everyday. And she kept slipping up, calling us mamma and mommy. It didn't bother us, on the contrary, I could see my wife's eyes lit up each time she called her 'mamma' and I could feel my heart jumping in my chest every time she said 'mommy' to me. It didn't happened often, but more than before. It was either when she was tired, scared or very excited. So to say, every time when her emotions were getting the upper hand.

But I loved it, we loved it. And I wanted to ask her if she wanted to officially called us her 'moms', but Carina told me she spoke with her friends who had adopted kids as Meredith or Amelia and they advised her to let the time do its thing. But I was getting so eager, I wanted nothing more than for Bianca to feel like we were her parents, not only her foster guardians.

My thoughts were interrupted when I felt her squeeze my hand very hardly. When I raised my eyes, she was struggling to hold her tears in as Dr Robbins was taking out her tube. When it was over, and it only lasted few seconds, Bianca confessed to us "I'll never get used to this burning feeling." She sighed.

"But it's the last time you'll have to experience it bambina, it's your last tube, no more burning feeling, no more pain." Carina said reassuringly.

" Carina said reassuringly

"Thanks God." Joked the teen. "No really, thank you. All of you." She honestly said to my wife and I, but also to Dr Robbins and Lexie who were in the room. They both nodded and after a quick hug, left the room.

"Ready to go bellina ?" My lover cheered.

"I've never been so ready." The young girl replied, standing up on her own and getting her stuff. Last month, Bianca wasn't able to stand up by herself. She was too weak. Now she could dance, run, jump, do all the things that a 12 years old usually do. I was so proud of her. When all her belongings were tidied up, we took the lift and once inside, I pulled my two girls in a tight hug.

"I'm proud of you. Of you both." I said, emotion laced in my voice. "You're the two persons I love the most in the whole world."

"I love emotive Maya." Teased Carina.

"I love you more" I said kissing her on the lips.

"Ewwww" Joked Bianca, pretending to be disgusted by our 'gross' peck, in her words.

"I love you too my sweet girl." I said now turning to the little soul.

"I love you mom- sorry, Maya."

"It's okay. You can say it. Mom it's fine."

"I love you so much mommy. Mamma, I love you too so freaking much." She said deepening the hug.

"Vi amo. (I love you)." Murmured Carina.