COMFORT

Maya's POV :

We entered Bianca's bedroom to be met with a painful scene. Bianca was crying and screaming her heart out, pulling on the wires and shaking like a leaf. I quickly ran to her and tried to held her in my arms in order to prevent her on causing other damages to her body. But she suddenly started yelling for me to step back.

"NOOOO ! DON'T T-TOUCH ME !!"

"Bianca it's me it's Maya the firefighter. Bianca calm down please you're going to hurt yourself." I tried to speak to her.

"Bianca, take a deep breathe you're gonna be okay." Carina tried as well.

As she didn't seem to calm down, Carina took some sedative on a syringe and made her way to the distressed young girl.

"Wait, I'm gonna try something else." I stopped my wife from giving Bianca the medication.

"Bianca, little one, let me hold you, I'll make you feel better I swear. Don't stay in this bad state. You're not alone we're here with you. Please, let me hold you."

The teenager looked at me but couldn't stop shaking and crying, although, her wails diminished.

"Good girl. Now I'm gonna come closer to you and hold you, okay ?" I said walking to Bianca, and she only flinched a little when my arms embraced her frail body. I sat on the edge of the bed and managed to sit Bianca on my lap. I turned her to hold her bridal style, like a baby.

"Shhhh, breathe sweetheart. You're gonna be okay." I shushed until her sobs disappeared and just few tears were dropping from her tired eyes. She yawned as her eyes fluttered close but she was obviously fighting the slumber.

"Close these pretty eyes of yours. I'll hold you until you wake up. Close your eyes Bianca." I whispered and she did as I told her. "Good girl." I added, listening to her soft snores.

Carina watched the whole scene and she made her way to me as I was trying to sit more comfortably on the hospital bed. I lifted my eyes to met my wife's ones, and they were full of tears.

"Oh babe what is it ?" I gently asked, a bit worried though.

"I- I don't know it's stupid."

"Your feelings are not stupid Carina. They are valid." I said, wiping the tears on her cheeks and resting my hand on her warm skin.

"It's j- just, you're so good with the bambina, I never saw you acting like that and it makes me so happy."

"So these are happy tears ?" I questioned.

"Yes and no. The poor bambina, she's in no state to hear about her parents. I'm scared of how she'll react." She replied, staring at Bianca.

"It's going to be awfully hard to announce it but she won't be alone in grief. We'll be here." I reassured my lover.

"Are you sure she'll want to stay with us ? I mean, she barely know me and you just met her today." She sighed.

"We'll see. It's not our decision to make. For now, we can only make sure she stays comfortable and has a great night of sleep and we'll see tomorrow."

"Are you really staying here all night ?" Carina asked me and I nodded.

"I can't let her alone. I promised."

My wife smiled and kissed me, making sure she wasn't waking Bianca up. She put a blanket over me and the sleepy child I was holding and took one for herself before sitting on the armchair.

"Good night bellina."

"Good night my love."