PANIC

TW : Blood, Panic attack

--

Carina's POV :

When I entered the ER again, I spotted the little girl being treated by Miranda and Arizona, so I joined them.

"How is she doing ?" I asked putting gloves on my hands.

"She's still bleeding but I'm more concerned by her breathing right now." Answered Arizona.

Bianca was having a panic attack and it was breaking my heart seeing her in this state. I thought of the way I helped Maya with her panic attacks and I decided to try it on the teen.

"Bianca, can you hear me ?"

She turned to face me but kept shaking as she wasn't even making eyes contact.

"Okay, we're going to play a little game, alright ?" I suggested and she frown a little. "Can you tell me five things you can see in the room ?"

"Uuuuh... I- a lamp" She tried to take some deep breathe. "A- a bed, a door, a sheet and- and you."

"Molto buono, brava bambina. (Very good, good girl)" I praised. "Now can you tell me four things you can touch ?"

"My h- hair, the p-pillow, my watch and uuuuh... My socks."

"I'm very proud of you Bianca. Now three things you can hear."

"Beeps, loud people and your voice. And- and it's comforting." She whispered the last part.

"Two things you can smell ?"

"Sanitizer and some perfume." She said a bit louder and confidently.

"And finally, one thing you can taste."

"Uh I- I don't uh... I can taste... I taste blood.." She whimpered, her eyes getting wide as she opened her mouth and cough in her hand. When she looked at it, her face went paler as it could get and I ran to her to see. There was blood.

"Okay bambina, lay down per favore. (please)"

Bianca did as I told her but suddenly started coughing blood again.

"Page Shepherd and Altman !" I yelled to an intern, and gave a bean to Bianca so she could stop spitting blood all over herself. Arizona, who left to do some blood tests came back in misunderstanding.

"What is happening there ??"

"I was calming her from her panic attack and she started coughing blood." As I finished, Amelia Shepherd and Teddy Altman entered the room. But I was surprise to see Maya following them.

"What are you doing here bella ?" I asked her, not leaving Bianca's side.

"I couldn't leave her. I don't know what's happening to me Carina but there is something about this girl, I can't leave her. Please tell me she's fine." She pleaded with her eyes, trying to look at Bianca who was now surrounded by four doctors.

"She... She was getting better but now she's coughing blood. We need to run some tests, I swear I'll keep you informed Maya."

"Can I at least speak to her before you go upstairs ?" She desperately asked and I nodded, seeing she wasn't gonna drop it. Maya approached Bianca and her sad eyes met hers.

"Hi sweetheart. Look I'm here, I'm still here. And this woman, Carina, she's my wife and she's the best doctor. I promise she's going to take very good care of you. I'll be here downstairs waiting for you the whole time until you feel a bit better. Then I'll go update you on your parents but I won't leave you."

My eyes started watering, hearing Maya saying such touching things to a child. But I pulled myself together and Amelia, Teddy, Arizona and I rolled Bianca to the lift.