Chapter 22 - Two Heroes (Part One)

Börja om från början

"And if my atomic power unleashes at this - what was it?" Kira glances back at the card. "I-Island?"

"It won't."

Akira used a private helicopter, courtesy of her mother being the number twelve pro hero, to travel to I-Island. As the helicopter circled the mysterious island, Kira was struck by how colourful it all was. The island itself was surrounded by a structurally sound white concrete, that stretched to the clouds and completely separated the island from the outside world. The helicopter started to make it's descent, growing closer to the island. From closer up, she could spot the unbelievably tall skyscraper in the middle, towering way higher than anything else on the island.

"That must be where the gala takes place," Kira mumbles to herself.

"How did a kid like you even get invited to the island, eh?" The pilot bellows into the headset she wore.

"You're our private pilot," Kira states. "Shouldn't you know the answer to that question already?"

"Touché."

Kira examined the list that she discovered buried in the envelope beside the card. It detailed the evening's party and what clothes were needed. She was getting increasingly more anxious about the idea of appearing at the gala - she's going to be the only child there, for sure.

The helicopter landed on one of the far sides of the island, landing swiftly on the helipad. Kira thanked the pilot to which he replied with a courteous: "you're welcome!" Before taking off again. That's it - Kira's alone on this random island in the middle of nowhere.

Kira patted her duffel bag next to her, perhaps as an emotional reminder that she's not really alone and peered down at the now crinkled piece of paper. Her anxiety had crept up her back during the flight over that she hadn't even noticed that she'd screwed up the paper.

"Dammit," she whispers, willing her nerves to relax.

The gate before her opened up, allowing her to pass through as the scanner revealed her details in front of her, including a long entrance number.

UA school supplied her with her hero costume before she hopped on the helicopter to come to I-Island. She smoothed out her costume before stepping through the gate, gazing around at the scenery before her, noticing the tallest building in the distance - that was going to act as her compass in case she gets lost.

Akira didn't even manage one step forwards before she heard her name being bellowed from somewhere to the left.

"Over here!"

"No way." A smile spreads across her face at the sight of her classmates all gathered together. She sped towards them, dragging her duffel bag as it whacked her in the thigh with every other step she took. "Momo! Ochaco, Kyoka! Everyone! What are you all doing here?"

"Me and Mineta are working!" Kaminari speaks up, puffing out his chest to reveal his waiter tux. "We figured that this way we could earn a bit of money and during our breaks we can explore the island some more!"

"Why are you two slacking off!?" Kira glances around the back of her chair just in time to see the class president zooming towards them at high speed. "You wanted to make more money didn't you!? But you're not willing to work hard!"

"Iida!?" Kira gawkes as her classmate plows into both Kaminari and Mineta, knocking them over. "You're also here?"

"I come from a long line of heroes," Iida turns sharply to face them. "It's to be expected that we received an invitation to the expo. But my family was busy, so it's just me."