Chapter 189: Pass Away

Start from the beginning

When the Emperor noticed that no one was paying attention to him after bellowing for so long, he finally realised that something was wrong.

"Could it be that all of you...all of you have revolted?!"

"Your Majesty, they didn't revolt."

Situ was about to say something, but Jiang Moyin beat him to it. The latter made a gesture to stop Situ and Feng Luodi from interfering in the ensuing matter.

Feng Luodi suddenly felt uneasy and wanted to dash out but, in the end, Situ hugged her by the shoulders and brought her back to her original spot.

"Situ, there is something amiss with Elder Brother. I want to go over."

"Luodi, it's already too late. Moyin has already decided. The only thing we can do now is to not let him down."

"Situ, what do you mean?"

Feng Luodi wanted to discern a hint or two from reading Situ's expression but to no avail. In the end, she could only stare at Jiang Moyin.

Jiang Moyin continued, "Your Majesty, as for how I've planned everything, from arranging the people to breaking into the court prison, I can tell you all of that, step by step, right now if you so command."

It was as if that breath-taking and talented child prodigy, Jiang Moyin, was back. He was as eloquent and witty as ever.

He articulated everything clearly without leaving anything out, seemingly unaware of the ramifications that followed.

The Emperor's complexion became increasingly ghastly while the court historians enthusiastically recorded everything down at a tremendous speed.

Feng Luodi finally realised that Moyin was taking the blame for Situ. In this case, Situ wouldn't have to leave Chang'an and he could continue supporting the First Prince. Everyone would be able to lead their lives as usual, but he, Jiang Moyin, alone wouldn't.

At this thought, Feng Luodi was panic-stricken. She still wanted to dash out and stop those court historians. Just like how she didn't want Situ to be burdened with infamy for a lifetime, she didn't want that for Moyin either.

All of them trusted Situ's ability, so she knew that Jiang Moyin's main intention wasn't to take the blame for Situ. What he wanted to do was to help her, Feng Luodi, take the blame. In that case, she wouldn't be known as a loathsome woman, and the Emperor also wouldn't be able to use this matter to blackmail them anymore.

As expected, after Jiang Moyin eloquently finished elaborating on how he broke into the court prison, he started to explain how he made use of his spies to intrude the Imperial Palace and obtained Resonance. The purpose of seizing Resonance was naturally to please the beauty.

The Emperor didn't want Jiang Moyin to continue elaborating but despite giving an order, no one went ahead to stop him, the pale-looking Jiang Moyin, who looked like he could collapse at any moment. The Jiang Moyin whose reputation once spread throughout Chang'an and spread throughout the Xuan Kingdom.

"Jiang Moyin!"

At this moment, Feng Luodi could no longer hold it in, and her tears streamed down her face uncontrollably. She had clearly promised Situ that she would never cry again, but she couldn't help it.

Her voice couldn't reach Jiang Moyin.

Feng Luodi finally realised that she shouldn't have come to the Xuan Kingdom. She only brought about calamities. She only knew to selfishly search for a way back home; she couldn't protect even a single person dear to her in this world...