Chapter 184: Acute Pain

Start from the beginning

When he was done speaking, Chamberlain Feng flung his sleeves and left without waiting for Situ to respond. He had to go home, and hide this incident from everyone in the residence. Afterwards, he must go and look for the Commandery Prince of Yu Zhang for his daughter's sake.

Everyone present could hear the connotation in Chamberlain Feng's words.

Situ also stopped moving, emotions tossing about in his eyes.

The hall sank into an awkward silence again.

After a long time, Gan Qingjia also stood up and told Situ in a low voice, "We still won't know what the results are within ten days. I'll go back to discuss this with my father and the Minister of the Right. You should continue executing your plan. All of us want to save her. You can't throw yourself into disarray before that."

Then, Gan Qingjia bowed to the First Prince, turned around and left as well.

What he wanted to do wasn't just discussing a countermeasure with the two ministers. His main purpose was to protect Qi Jianqiu. The so-called material evidence also included Qi Jianqiu's waist token. He definitely wouldn't let Jianqiu be implicated in this. He still had to follow up the clue and seize the culprit. His investigation started from the waist token, tracing it back to Concubine Yao and ultimately leading to the Emperor. That supreme person. He even schemed against his own concubine and his own child. In that case, who would be next? Would it be eminent and powerful Qi Family and Gan Family?

Sigh, 'accompanying one's sovereign is like accompanying a tiger', this saying can't be any truer.

The hall was silent again.

After a while, the First Prince stood up to take his leave.

"Your Highness."

Situ suddenly called out after keeping silent all this while. The First Prince stopped in his tracks, but he didn't turn his head back.

"May I request for Your Highness to make adequate preparations."

The First Prince suddenly smiled but his expression was profound. Immediately after that, he flung his sleeves and left.

At the morning court assembly the next day, a deathly silence hung over the court.

For a moment, no one dared to proffer a suggestion and the Emperor also didn't speak.

The silence brought about panic and anxiety in everyone's heart. But, they kept their emotions warped beneath their placid countenances.

The Eighth Prince was the first to step forward to speak. Ever since he'd caused the Emperor to lose the opportunity to get rid of Situ the last time, he hadn't dared to face the Emperor as he was afraid that his painstaking efforts for many years would be destroyed in one go. This time, however, he was certain of the Emperor's thoughts. That was why he was so confident to step out again.

"Imperial Father, I heard that Chamberlain Feng's daughter actually committed the capital offence of trespassing the Imperial Palace to steal a treasure. Even though I find this hard to believe, I still think that she shouldn't be pardoned so easily."

As soon as the Eighth Prince spoke, the chilly atmosphere in the hall turned a few degrees colder.

Situ gazed ahead but his killing intent had already shifted towards the Eighth Prince, except that the latter wasn't aware of this yet.

The totally unaware Eighth Prince continued, "Duke of Anping is the fiancé of a sinner and the two of them already have an engagement. I don't believe that Duke of Anping wasn't aware of the criminal's scheme. She's simply a frail woman. How could she have stolen the Imperial Palace's treasure successfully without Duke of Anping's help? Hence, I feel that this matter requires a detailed investigation. Duke of Anping should also be culpable of the same crime."