Chapter 180: Vicious

Start from the beginning

It was an amiable tone which allowed room for discussion and there was not a trace of anger on his countenance, allowing many officials to feel relieved.

Immediately, there was an official who stepped forth.

"Your Majesty, Imperial Physician Duanmu comes from a humble family background after all. It's already his fortune that Your Majesty appreciates him. Anything more would be excessive."

The Emperor nodded smilingly and signalled for that official to continue elaborating.

As he was encouraged, the official continued, "Your Majesty's Father-in-law Duanmu, Concubine Shu's father, has put in the best of his efforts ever since he became an official. He has also once accomplished a lot of achievements in the Western Army. He is extremely suitable for the position of Grand Marshal."

As the official spoke, he swept a glance at the silent Minister of the Left and said ambiguously, "The Minister of the Left's background is of a civil official after all, so it isn't very appropriate for him to continue as the acting Grand Marshal as he could very likely hold up important military secrets and stratagems. Your Majesty, how about...?"

After the official finished speaking, he saw the people in the Eighth Prince's faction nod at him in satisfaction. However, when he turned his head slightly, he saw the Eleventh Prince looking at him with an extremely ominous expression that sent chills up his spines.

After the Emperor heard those words, he immediately pondered about it with an expression that seemed considerably different from that of appreciation earlier. The officials were terrified again. It can't be that His Majesty's mood has changed again, right? This is even faster than the weather changing and truly unfathomable...

The Eleventh Prince was very willing to make a decision for his Imperial Father. He took one step forward and hoisted his robes a little. His tone was heavy and he appeared to be concerned about the difficulties of the civilians as he said, "Imperial Father, I discovered something yesterday except that I'm not sure if I should say it."

"Don't you always freely say what you want during the court assembly? You may speak."

The Emperor's expression eased a little, but in the First Prince's eyes, his Imperial Father's expression looked seemingly sad and dispirited.

The Eleventh Prince was very satisfied with his Imperial Father's attitude towards him. As expected, since he had been brought up by him since he was young, Imperial Father would be biased towards him a little more.

The Eleventh Prince willfully suppressed his doubts about why the Emperor wanted to let the First Prince supervise the nation. It definitely must be because he wants to let the First Prince and the Eighth Prince engage in a life-and-death struggle before he passes the throne to him.

Thinking in such a manner, the Eleventh Prince rapidly reported his findings.

"Imperial Father, yesterday, when I returned to my residence, I inadvertently saw Imperial Physician Duanmu going in and out of the brothel."

His words instantly caused an uproar.

The Eleventh Prince then continued, "I initially thought that with Imperial Physician Duanmu's recent achievements, he was probably there to help treat the people in the brothel. I found his conduct very admirable, so in order to prevent others, who were unclear of the circumstances, from misunderstanding Imperial Physician Duanmu, I specially dispatched someone to protect him. As a result, I unexpectedly found out that Imperial Physician Duanmu had bought the medical prescription from a doctor roaming the Jianghu. That doctor was unwilling to sell the prescription so Imperial Physician Duanmu killed his entire family to pull the wool over everyone's eyes."