18.4

Everyone got together and headed for a place to watch the fireworks. Adrian watched ⨊ getting all happy when the fireworks started. "I'll see you tomorrow after I get back my little love," said Adrian when they were at her house. "I won't be here. Cause I'm going to be busy," said ⨊ adding the last part when she felt Adrian's atmosphere darken and his grip tighten around her. "You will come back when you're finished with your work, won't you?" asked Adrian in a depressed voice. "I will be back in a few days," said ⨊. ⨊ didn't want to tell him about being away, but seeing how he wanted to meet her so soon, even though they spent the day together she felt like he would have waited for her or become worried about her if she hadn't told him. "I'll wait for you, so please come back to me, my little love," whispered Adrian before handing her over to ℥enji.

"Are you going to tell me about it?" asked ℥enji once they were inside and had settled down. "What?" asked ⨊. "Leah told me that you were different when you came out of that place," said ℥enji. "Work," said ⨊ after some time. "Can't tell me?" asked ℥enji. "No," said ⨊. "What about preparations?" asked ℥enji. "No need," said ⨊. "How long?" "Two to three days," said ⨊. "And for you?" asked ℥enji. "Not..." "How many?" asked ℥enji interrupting her. "Twenty to thirty years," said ⨊. "Fine, but once you get back you have to rest," said ℥enji. "I might end up going to sleep before coming back here," said ⨊. "We will pick you up," "No need," said ⨊. "We..." "I don't want you to," said ⨊ in a cold voice, her atmosphere becoming cold and distant. "You know you can lean on me. I'm here to help you," said ℥enji hugging her. He knew that the only reason she refused or spoke to him that way was, because of her work. "Can't," said ⨊ in a small voice.