3.10

3.10

While everyone else was in a state of shock over what had just happened, Ian and Jason were internally happy. "Quick help him," said Wes panicking. "He's already dead. Told him to be careful," added Jason as everyone else was still in a daze. "Ian help us out," said Wes trying to get Alex's body out, expecting Ian to side with him and help him out. "No. Leave it. Like Jason said he is already dead. It's no use getting his body out. Are you going to drag it back to the city?" "Besides the blood will attract beasts. And you will end up putting everyone in the group in danger," added Jason.

As everyone headed back leaving Alex's body there, depressed over what just happened, a person who was in the shadows and had watched the entire event stepped out. Walking toward Alex's body while watching everyone disappear from sight. "I overdid it. Wanted him to suffer a lot, not die so easily. How long are you going to stand there? Take him away. I don't want anyone getting the idea of dragging his body back to the camp. It will only cause more problems for that one," A man and woman who accompanied the man in the shadow instructed someone to move the body and clean the sight. After a few minutes, the area looked good as new, as if nothing had ever happened.

"Did you pick up the trail?" asked the man. "Yes, our people are following them as we speak," said a woman with her head bowed. "What did you find out?" asked the man looking in the direction which everyone left. "This is the only thing I could find. I double checked. But with limited access..." said a man in a similar bowed manner trailing off in a panic. "You know how important this is right?" "Yes," said the man shaking in fear. Knowing that if he made any mistakes or missed any details, he would be cruelly tortured and killed as punishment. "Just wanted to see if you knew the significance of it. Keep an eye on things until I get back. Let me know if anything happens," said the man disappearing into the shadows again. Just as the people appeared, they had disappeared in the same way.