8.8

As ⨊ walked aimlessly inside the forest, she noticed something staring at her from a distance. But since she couldn't feel any malice from it towards her, she ignored it and kept walking. Even though living creatures weren't supposed to exist in the barrier, there were a few odd cases every now and then.

⨊ had been in this village for two months. About a month ago since she first entered the barricaded edge of the forest, that thing had been following her around. She discovered that every time she visited the edge of the forest, that  thing would always follow her around, watching her from a distance. She could feel it staring at her and watching her.

⨊ was roaming around the forest edge, as usual when she ran into a group of men wandering around. "What's a kid doing here?" asked one of the men looking at ⨊. (What do you mean kid? Shouldn't I be the one asking you that?) ⨊ knew that these men wouldn't just let her leave, since she saw them and was in a restricted area as well. "Just kill him and let's get going, don't waste time," said one of the other men. "We could sell him for a price, I mean why waste it by killing him?" said another man. "Fine grab him and let's get going,"

But before any of them could even walk towards ⨊, that thing that had been following her around killed them in an instant. Before she could even prepare herself for their attack, they were dead. Even they didn't know that thing was there. In a split second, that thing had killed them. Its atmosphere becoming violent and dark. Once the men were dead it went back to a being hidden with no malice. When she looked around for that thing, it was back to staring at her from a distance. As if it had never moved from the beginning.