17.1

"You're just like your former self. Haven't you ever wondered why she treated you as if you were a stranger?" said ℥enji with a smile. "First I thought that perhaps she doesn't remember me. Now I know that its cause I caused her a lot of problems," said Adrian disappointed in himself. "Its cause she erased her feelings for you. Cause it was too painful for her. She thinks that she doesn't deserve to love you," said ℥enji with a sad smile.

"What...But..." Adrian faltered unable to say anything. He couldn't believe that she loved him to such an extent. He was happy and distressed at the same time knowing that she felt that way for him and yet stayed away from him. Suddenly an image of her wandering around every now and then all those years back flashed into his mind. The image of a little girl watching him from a distance every time she wandered around here. And how she ran away whenever he approached her. "You said she erased her feeling for me. Then why did she appear every now and then, watching me from afar?" asked Adrian once he got a hold of himself. "She erased her feelings for you. Not her memory of you two together. She felt that you deserved to have a better life this time, compared to your last one. That's why she kept checking on you, to make sure you were safe," said ℥enji.

"But then why did she run away from me when I approached her? I didn't remember anything before. And never knew that the person in my dreams was her," said Adrian. "Cause she thinks she has erased her feelings for you. When in reality they just got buried like the real you. But the more she saw you, the more her feelings for you had subconsciously surfaced. Though she isn't aware of it at the moment," said ℥enji with a smile on his face.