17.10

When they got back, ⨊ and Leah hadn't come back yet. Everyone had kept to themselves. ⨊'s people sat together, Adrian's friends kept together and the grown-ups chatted amongst themselves. "Where did you run off to? You could have let me tag along," said Gin. Adrian just ignored him waiting for ⨊ to return. "You're finally back. When will the two who left return?" asked Mrs Zoℑ. "Why?" asked ℥enji. "So we can all eat together," said Mrs Authur. "You can go ahead and eat. We will wait for her," said Janet. "It's not nice, we should all be together and have a big feast," said Mrs Zoℑ. "No need," said ℥enji in a cold tone.

Even though ℥enji refused them, they still waited as they felt uncomfortable with their behavior and didn't want to offend them. After another half an hour Leah came back carrying ⨊ who was asleep in her arms. Adrian got up and went to them. "She is just sleeping," said Leah. "Give her to me," said Adrian taking ⨊ from her before she could even answer him. "It's ok," said ℥enji interrupting her before she could say or do anything. ⧚He is Ian and I've told him about his past with her.⧚ said ℥enji informing the others.

They watched him for a few seconds before going back to behaving as if nothing happened. Adrian sat down with ⨊, holding her close to him and gently stroking her back, the way you would comfort a kid while sleeping. ⧚How is she?⧚ asked ℥enji. ⧚Seemed fine, but... ⧚said Leah frowning. ⧚But?⧚ ⧚She seemed out of it when she returned like she was watching something.⧚ said Leah. ⧚Do you think she saw you and Adrian discussing?⧚ asked Rick. ⧚No. I didn't feel her energy. ⧚said ℥enji. ⧚Then whatever she saw seemed to be a big deal because she became distant for a few minutes in a daze before reverting back to her normal self.⧚ said Leah. ⧚I'll ask her when she wakes up.⧚ said ℥enji. Ending the topic and watching ⨊ in Adrian's arms.