16.4

"What are you doing?" asked ⨊ when Adrian took her from ℥enji and put her on his lap, embracing her. "Are you avoiding me?" asked Adrian in a pained tone. "Didn't I say I was just a passerby?" "And?" "You shouldn't get attached to me," said ⨊ trying to get free. "Since you're not going to be here long, shouldn't we spend as much time together as we can?" said Adrian. "So please don't avoid me or run away from me. No matter what happens," he added in a pleading tone. "You know I'm not going to be here long," "I know. Still, I want to spend as much time as I can with you and be with you," said Adrian obstinately.

⧚It should be ok to spend time with him. He may just be temporally infatuated with you. What are you really worried about? Is it that he behaves like Ian? That is probably just a habit or a residue which will disappear when he become content once he has spent time with you. Or are you worried you'll get attached to him?⧚ said ℥enji watching her reaction to his words. "Didn't you say that I was yours?" whispered Adrian when he saw her lost in thought. "Ah! I just said that so that she would leave. I didn't mean it. Don't take it seriously," said ⨊ rambling in panic. "Even if you didn't mean it, it made me very happy," said Adrian burring his head in her neck and tightening his arms around her.

"Didn't I tell you, I'm not going to be here long?" said ⨊. "I know, but I'll always be yours. No matter what. Even if you leave me," said Adrian in a pained voice. ⨊ just ignored him. Recognizing that it was no use trying to talk him out of it.