Cady Gets A Boyfriend Part 2

Start from the beginning

"It's okay, Mrs. Horan. I thought it was funny," Anthony reassured.

I took a seat next to Niall and crossed my legs. "So Anthony, Cady tells me that you play football?" I tried to start a causal conversation to keep Anthony feel less uncomfortable. Even though I'm sure it wasn't working seeing as though Niall kept staring him down.

"Yes ma'am. I'm the co-captain of the Jr. Varsity team," he said, bringing his hands together in his lap.

"Oh really? That's impressive! Isn't it Niall," I said, rubbing Niall's back.

"I used to play some football back in the day. Still do," Niall said, crossing his arms. I could tell he was trying to flex just to intimidate Anthony. I rolled my eyes and let out a sigh.

"Cady told me about that, actually. Didn't you dislocate your kneecap while playing?" Anthony asked.

"She told you about that?" Niall asked quietly. He looked shocked that Cady would even bring him up to her new boyfriend. "Yeah I did. I still have problems with it. It was brutal."

"I believe it. Knee injuries are horrible."

"Indeed," Niall mumbled, squinting his eyes.

"So how are you liking school?" I asked.

"I enjoy it so far. Sophomore year is fun," he smiled.

"What's fun so about it?" Niall asked in a snarky tone. I jabbed him in his side and mumbled "stop" under my breath.

"Well I have new teachers and they're really nice. I just like school this year," Anthony kindly explained.

"Have you ever been arrested?" Niall bluntly asked.

"Niall! He's kidding, Anthony. Don't pay him any attention," I assured, giving Niall a warning glare.

"I'm not kidding. I wanna know," Niall insisted.

"No, sir. I've never been arrested," Anthony stammered fidgeting in his seat.

After that awkward situation passed, Cady still wasn't out yet. "I'm going to go check on Cady," I said, getting up from the couch. "I'll be right back."

*NIALL'S POV*

"I'll be right back," Y/N said, widening her eyes at me as if to tell me to knock off the absurd questions. I just wanted to know this kid's intentions.

Y/N walked down the hall and I continued to stare at this lanky kid sitting in front of me. I could tell he was nervous by the way he would look at me and quickly look away.

"So 16, huh? That's a nice age. I remember when I was 16. Always had girls on the mind. How about you? How many girlfriends you got?" I said, leaning up so my elbows rested on my knees.

"None, sir," Anthony quickly answered.

"How many have you had?"

"Not many."

"Oh really? Hmm. So what are your plans tonight?" I asked, still staring him down

"Um we're going to the movies."

"Which movie?"

"I'm not sure. I'm letting her choose."

"That's smart. Now Anthony, you seem like a decent kid so far. I'm going to ask you one question and I need you to be honest with me, okay?" I said, scooting to the edge of my seat.

"Of course, sir," he said after clearing his throat.

"What are your intentions with my daughter?"