5 Seconds of Jealousy

*Niall's POV*

"Y/N! Will you please hurry? They're waiting on us!" I yelled from the bottom of Y/N's staircase.

"Give me two more minutes! I'm almost done!" She yelled from her bathroom.

I sighed and leaned against the railing of her stairs. Y/N and I already had plans for tonight. We were suppose to just lay around and watch movies on her couch. Basically, what we always do when I come over to her house. Y/N and I have been friends for a while now. She always hung around Lou and she quickly became a part of our little group. Once me and her started getting to know each other, we became best friends. I guess you could call us best friends. I'm not sure what you call being in love with your best friend but you're too scared to tell her because she's so perfect and you're you. I've wanted to just spill it so many times. I've wanted to just sit her down and explain to her that I think she's the most beautiful person on this planet and that she's the only one I want to be with but when I try, I chicken out and tell her a joke and she laughs, calls me weird, and we go about our business. So I guess we're just friends. Anyway, back to what I was saying. While we were watching The Lego Movie, Ashton from 5sos sent me a text and invited me to go bowling. I told him I had plans with Y/N but he insisted to bring her along. So when I mentioned it to her, she jumped off the couch and ran up to her room to get ready.

I sat on the bottom step and continued to wait on Y/N. I felt my phone vibrate so I pulled it out of my pocket to read a text I got from Ashton. "Come on, Y/N! They're already there!" I called, getting impatient.

"Okay! Okay," I heard her say, standing at the top of the stairs.

I turned to look up at her and she took my breath away. She had her long y/h/c hair draped across her shoulders, curled at the ends with her bangs pulled back out of her beautiful face. Her outfit was sexy, showing enough skin without showing too much. She was sexy to begin with. She didn't have to show anything. She could honestly wear a onesie and she would still be the most gorgeous girl in the room. She had on a... I don't know what girls call them. Where the top is connected to the shorts. Romper? Jumpsuit? Whatever they're called, she worked it. My eyes traveled down from her head to her feet. I smiled when I saw she had her vans on. It didn't matter how dressed up she looked, she always wore her black vans.

"What?" She asked, putting her earring on.

"Huh?" I said, snapping back into reality.

"Why are you looking at me like that? You're freaking me out," she smiled.

"I'm just wondering why you're getting all dressed up. You are aware that we're only going bowling, right?" I said, standing up from the stairs.

"I know. I just wanted to get dressed up. You never know who will show up," she smiled, walking down the steps.

"Who are you hoping will show up?" I asked, trying to hide my jealousy.

"I don't know," she shrugged. She walked over and grabbed her purse off the couch and walked over to the door. "Well? You ready?"

"Yep," I said, following her out to the car.

*

"So who's all showing up to bowl?" She asked, turning down the radio.

"I'm guessing just me, you, Ashton, Calum, Luke, and Michael," I said, keeping my eyes on the road.

"Oh," she replied. I could hear a slight happy tone in her voice and I looked over to see her smiling.

"What? You like one of them?" I asked, looking back at the road.

"What? No. Me? No."

"Liar."