I Just Need A Break

Imagine....

You and your friend, Shae, were out having a girls' day. Ever since you and Niall started dating, you hadn't had time to hang out with your old friends. You were always with Niall going to shows, events, and parties or hanging out with Danielle, Eleanor, and Perrie. You kinda missed your old life, before all the media attention.

You and Shea were shopping in your favorite store when you saw some paps outside. "Crap!" You said trying to hide behind a clothes rack. "What are you doing?" Shea asked. "Paps are here." "So? Niall's not even with us." "They don't care. They still try to get pictures of anything they can. Lets go before there's more that show up." You took Shea's hand and led her out of the store. "Hey, y/n!!" "Where's Niall??" "Have you heard that he's cheating on you?!" "He was spotted with another girl! What are your thoughts?" They were all screaming you. You and Shea tried to get to your car. "Jesus Christ! Back up!," you yell. "How does Niall feel about you spending his money?" "I bet you're loving this free ride!" You and Shea finally make it to the car. You drive off and take Shea home. "Y/n, I don't see how you put up with that. You can't even go out in public." "I don't know anymore." "Well just don't go out by yourself." "Okay. I'll see you later." "Okay bye."

You drove home and changed clothes. You laid in bed and started thinking. You never wanted all this. Niall was all you wanted. This was too much. A couple of hours went by and Niall came home from the studio. "Y/n, I'm home." Niall shouted as he closed the front door. "In here." You shouted back. Niall walked into the bedroom and gave you a kiss. Niall went over to the closet and began changing clothes. "Did you have a successful shopping day?" He asked. "Not really." "Why not?" "Paps showed up." "They ruin everything. I'm sorry." "Niall. We need to talk." He looked at you and you could tell he was worried. He sat down at the foot of the bed. "Niall. I don't know how much longer I can take this." You said, trying not to start crying. "What are you talking about?" "All this attention. This isn't what I signed up for. All I want is you." "You have me, y/n." "But all this media crap. They harass me, they stalk me, I can't even go out with my friends without getting jumped. And I'm not even famous. The fans hate me. They say I'm using you. All the rumors. It's too much." "What are you trying say?" "I think we need to take a break. I need some time to clear my head," you say with tears rolling down your cheeks. He stood up and paced back and forth. "Don't do this. No one ever takes a break. It leads to a breakup. Don't leave." You stood in front of him, "I'm not happy, Niall." "You're not happy with me?" He asked, his voice cracking. "Niall, I love you so much. More than anything. But all this crap has happened too fast. I just need a break." "Is there anything I can do to change your mind?" You looked at him and shook your head. He walked out of the bedroom and headed out the front door. You packed your bags, bawling your eyes out. This was the hardest thing you've ever had to do, but you needed time to yourself.

*Two weeks later*

You had decided to stay at home with your mom for a couple of weeks. You hadn't heard from Niall since you left. You guessed he was giving you some space. This had been the hardest two weeks of your life. You missed Niall terribly but this break is what you needed. You realized that Niall was worth all the hassles. You pulled your phone out and texted Niall.

Y: Hey.

N: Hey! How've you been?

Y: Good. You?

N: Okay I guess. You feeling better?

Y: Do you mind if I come over so we can talk? If you don't want me to, I understand.

N: Come over!

Y: Leaving now. Xx

You pulled up in Niall's driveway. He was waiting for you at the door. "Hey," you said feeling a little awkward. "Hey." Niall said back. You went over and hugged him. "I've missed you." He whispered. "I've missed you too. Can we sit and talk?" "Sure." He led you to the couch and you both sat down. "So I've been think a lot about you lately," you said looking at Niall. He reached over and held your hand. "And over these past couple of weeks, I've realized that you're worth all the bullcrap the media does. I would rather be harassed by the paps then not be with you. And I'm stupid for not realizing it before. I'm sorry I put you through this." Niall scooted closer to you and put his arm around your waist. "You don't have to be sorry. I know that the paps can get to you. And I know it's a lot to handle. I talked to Paul and we're going to figure something out. You're not going to get swarmed again." "Thank you. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, Niall. I love you so much." "I love you too." He kissed you passionately. He smiled and said, "Does that mean you're moving back in?" "I got my bags in the car." You both laughed and kissed again. You were not going to let anything come between you again.

The end