You and I

Niall's POV

I looked in the mirror to fix my hair as I waited for Y/N to come by. Usually, I wouldn't think twice about my appearance but this night was different. I was going to ask Y/N to be my girlfriend. This wasn't just a quick hook up. Y/N was special. She wasn't just some random girl. I've gotten to know her and she is absolutely perfect. At first, we were only hooking up but as time went on, I developed feelings for her. She's all I could think about. I'm tired of only seeing her when we wanted to have sex. I wanted a real relationship with her.

A knock on the door snapped me out of my thoughts. I walked to the door and looked out the peep hole to see Y/N standing there. I took a deep breath and opened the door. "Hey, Y/N," I said, inviting her in. "Hey," she smiled, walking in and taking her shoes off at the door. "You look nice," I complimented. Her Y/H/C hair was pulled up in a high ponytail. She had on some black leggings that showed off her gorgeous figure and a jumper that hung off her right shoulder. "I just threw this on. I look homeless," she laughed. "No you don't. You look pretty," I said, closing the front door. She walked over and sat on the couch and looked at me. "So what was up with the text you sent me?" She asked. "I wanted to talk to you about something," I said, sitting beside her on the couch. "Talk to me about what?" "Us." She looked at me and I could tell she was uncomfortable. She wasn't one to talk about her feelings. That's why I was so nervous. I was afraid of her shutting down and not letting me in. "What's wrong with us? Do you not like how things are going now?" She asked, leaning back against the couch and pulling her knees to her chest. "No, I do but I want something more. Don't you?" I asked, turning my body to face her. "I don't know," she whispered, pulling on a loose string on her leggings. "All I'm saying is, is that I want more than just sex," I said, running my fingers through my hair. "So what? Are you ending this because you want a girlfriend?" "No. I wanted you to come here so I could ask you to be my girlfriend." She looked at me with a weird expression. "What?" She asked. "I want you to be my girlfriend," I repeated, "I do want something more. I want a relationship that's more than just sex. I want someone I can call mine and I want that someone to be you." I could sense that she didn't feel the same. She looked down and played with her fingers. "Talk to me," I muttered. "It wouldn't work out," she said, avoiding eye contact. "Why wouldn't it?" "Because," she said looking at me, "this isn't a commitment. When you leave for tour or whatever, we can see other people. No one gets hurt." "But that's the thing, Y/N. I don't want to see anyone else. I want you." "The distance would get to us. We wouldn't make it." "What makes you think I wouldn't try anything in the world to get to see you?" "Look at all the other couples. Distance is a huge factor in the breakups." "Those other couples aren't us." She looked at me and I studied the expression on her face. She was thinking about it. I could tell. "I don't know, Niall," she sighed, resting her chin on her knees. "Listen, Y/N. Since we've started this, whatever this is, I've developed feelings for you that I've never had for anyone else. And I am willing to do anything I can to make this work between us. Nothing will come between you and I. I promise," I said, reaching for her hand. She didn't pull away. Instead, she moved closer to me. "Do you even want this?" I asked. "Yes," she whispered. "Do you want to try and make it work? Y/N, will you be my girlfriend?" She surprised me by leaning over and kissing me. I rested my hands on her sides while her hands grasped the sides of my face. She pulled away and smiled at me, "Are you sure we'll make it?" "Till the end," I replied before kissing her gently.

The end

~~~~~~~~~~~

A lot of people requested this one so here it is. I'm sorry it's shorter than the others and not as good. I got stumped half way through. I hope you liked it anyway.

Xx Beth